Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan MCAT in a Box

ashlay

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone's used Kaplan's MCAT in a Box? It's a box of 700 flashcards covering all of BS and PS... I was thinking of ordering it off of chapters.ca it's a little over $40.

I'm doing the Princeton Review course but I'm really getting sick of reading the books and doing questions... I thought maybe I'd change it up a bit and order these cards, has anyone used them and can tell me if they're worth it?

The express shipping is 2-4 business days, but I want to order them ASAP since I write Aug 16. So... worth it or not?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone's used Kaplan's MCAT in a Box? It's a box of 700 flashcards covering all of BS and PS... I was thinking of ordering it off of chapters.ca it's a little over $40.

I'm doing the Princeton Review course but I'm really getting sick of reading the books and doing questions... I thought maybe I'd change it up a bit and order these cards, has anyone used them and can tell me if they're worth it?

The express shipping is 2-4 business days, but I want to order them ASAP since I write Aug 16. So... worth it or not?

Kaplan flashcards are designed to be on the fly quick review. They're pretty much review in your purse that you can look at when your on the bus.

Its not really a content substitute. Its like doing a bunch of stand-alone questions.

I'mnot using flashcards, so I can't say how beneficial they are, but I thought I'd just say a bit about them.

The MCAT in the box set I used that as a suppliment. But it was lacking in my opinion. The questions were only covering the most basic concepts.

The best practice away from the AAMC exams is in the Exam Krackers Study Package. That is the best resource you can get in my opinion. In terms of quantity of questions the 1001 series is where it is at.

Archived