Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have a Queen's interview. My MCAT is PS12/VR10/BS10/WSR. My most recent two years are 3.78. However, when I got my verification report from OMSAS, my two year average actually showed at 3.755. They didn't count my courses at Dalhousie because they were part of a diploma program (though a university level diploma). I don't know whether Queen's figured out to count them, or whether the cut-off dropped. I was going to wait until after interview invitations came out to speak directly with Queen's if needed. However, I don't need to!

I applied to three schools (Queen's, Western, Dalhousie). I have interviews at Queen's and Dal. I'm thrilled! It is ironic though that I figured Western was the interview I was most likely to get. I wasn't expecting either Queen's or Dal, but am thrilled to be interviewing at both!

Best wishes to everyone who will be heading to Kingston, as well as those heading to other schools for interviews!

Elaine

Long time lurker here, got Queen's interview too - Poli Sci student, 3.66 raw cGPA from OMSAS application, 3.79 last 2 years, 14PS/12VR/13BS/R.

So far rejected from Mac, UBC, McGill, as Ontario applicant, waiting on the rest of Ontario minus Northern, and Calgary + Alberta. What a relief! This forum is the only place I can find my fellow obsessive crazies, since my colleagues in my program are mainly concerned with getting into law school or some such nonsense :rolleyes::P

Hi all,

First of all I just want to say that this is a great site, with really insightful info from really cool ppl!!

I had a quick question regarding how we are supposed to book our interviews for Queen's.

Are we just supposed to log in at 12:00 a.m (all it says is Feb 1st) to do so?

Those students who've been rejected with preposterous stats like 3.9 14/13/12/Q really highlight the absolute crap that is the admissions process. Ultimately I say take solace in the fact that it's the school that's missing out on a truck load of stellar students.

Good luck to all.

hey, i was just looking at some of the crazy mcat scores/gpas that got rejected because of the R cutoff, just want to say you might want to think twice about rewriting it, although queens takes your best overall score, western and toronto take your most recent, and coming from someone who had a large drop between attempts it might not be worth it.

i'm thinking the R cutoff wont stick next year, plus you always have the states and other canadian schools, I'm pretty sure I wont rewrite although my most recent mcat barely meets u of t and fails westerns

those of you considering re-writes...

my MCAT went from a 35S (with an 8 in PS) to a 36Q (with an 11 in PS) and that means I didn't meet Queen's academic standards.

so try to strike a balance between holding on to reasonable scores, and considering applying to a variety of schools in Canada!

good luck & congrats all.

It's not officially posted anywhere, but the R cutoff is as good as certain from all the people who've posted their stats. A few have posted with 9s in certain sections, but I'm not sure if it's 9 across the board... although there probably are enough posts to figure it out :P

There's someone with 2 9s, so at most, it must've been 10-9-9-R.

hey guys

I didn't end up applying to Queens but am just curious...

for those who were rejected did they say it was 9/9/9/ R ??

do we know R for sure?

or is this all speculation so far... official cut-offs posted anywhere?

thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is an R, but they didn't say. My stats were 3.88 for two years and my MCAT was 13/13/10/Q. My rejection e-mail said I did not meet their academic requirements. The only academic component they can be talking about is my writing.

the funny thing is that there is simply a formula for doing well in the writing section (everything they teach you in kaplan). so, high writing score = followed grading rubric well =/= writing well.

speaking of interviews, has anyone been able to access the URL in the email interview invite to book interview dates? my URL doesn't quite work. if someone could PM me the link, much appreciated. thanks!

the funny thing is that there is simply a formula for doing well in the writing section (everything they teach you in kaplan). so, high writing score = followed grading rubric well =/= writing well.

speaking of interviews, has anyone been able to access the URL in the email interview invite to book interview dates? my URL doesn't quite work. if someone could PM me the link, much appreciated. thanks!

We gotta wait it out till friday toffeetree, it says feb 1st is when it opens

Archived