Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!!

The worst part is, I am a graduate student, so if I had made the MCAT cutoff but missed the GPA I would have my package at least reviewed (lots of good life/EC experiences so I think that would be favourable), BUT for some reason the graduate review ONLY applies to those who missed the GPA cutoff but not MCAT..... wanting to cry :(

Yeah it blows... I'm a grad student too; same happened to me rejected with a 13-10-13 O GPA 3.9... damn WS. :(

Does Harvard even require an "R"? :confused:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got an invite with a 9 in PS but a R in writing 3.8 last two years

Since people are getting interviews with 9s, it appears that they indeed decided to manipulate their cutoffs with UWO in mind...the 9 in PS works for UWO, too, but 9 in VR (as someone else posted) doesn't. So I guess we can indeed expect less waitlist movement, which is not that great, but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers, right?:D

For anyone who has yet to receive an email one way or another (including me), I just called the admissions office, and was told that all the emails have been sent out... but some of them may be clogged up in email traffic, so calm down and give it some time.

Otherwise, you can call to confirm whether or not you were invited as I did. Yey interview! :)

Got an interview!

Nothing like feeling like a truck hit you this morning (missed Western by one point...grr) and feeling SO happy two hours later!!!!

Stats:

GPA: 3.75 cumulative (would have been higher except for one bad grade in the course my thesis advisor teaches ;) )

MCAT: 10/10/11PS R (thank god I got an R)

Finally, my interview suit gets out of the closet :).

For those who missed out because of the R, I think that is LAME. I think the cutoffs should not be strict (ie JUST below in one section, but amazing in another warrants an interview, especially with VR and the WS, since they kinda test the same thing (reading/writing/non-sciency skills).

I'm flying in from Texas...see y'all at interview hahaha.

Anyone desperately waiting for U of T???

From what i've read, U of T sends them in two waves...but with how crazy admissions this year have gone, I wouldn't be surprised if that changes.

Even though U of T is probably the most world-recognized medical school in Ontario, does anyone think that getting an interview there is easier than schools like Ottawa and Mac, which are ranked much lower?

Got an interview!

Nothing like feeling like a truck hit you this morning (missed Western by one point...grr) and feeling SO happy two hours later!!!!

Haha, yeah, what a rollercoaster, eh? When I woke up this AM, I seriously wanted to DIE and then a few hours later I'm running all over my apartment, crying and freaking out!:eek::D

Archived