Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since people are getting interviews with 9s, it appears that they indeed decided to manipulate their cutoffs with UWO in mind...the 9 in PS works for UWO, too, but 9 in VR (as someone else posted) doesn't. So I guess we can indeed expect less waitlist movement, which is not that great, but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers, right?:D

Wait I dont get what you're saying here Jochi, are med schools allowed to collaborate like that? Furthermore can we actually say that since Queen's had their cutoffs determined before a long while?

Hi I'm pretty new to all this.... but as OOP I guess I'll have to book flights... does anyone know if Queens has other activities outside of the interview itself (like meet & greet, orientation message, etc).

In other words, should I try to be out in Kingston for the full weekend, or just for a day? Any help would be appreciated!

Yeah I hated that too. I find it stupid that schools don't send out statuses through e-mail regardless of acceptance/rejection. It's like a second blow once you already receive a rejection...they're like "Wait longer, you're not even deserving of an e-mail" (yes I am bitter at Mac lol, received my rejection letter TODAY).

dont worry, the most random people got interviews at mac, and don't their grads have the highest mal practice rate in canada, maybe thats just a rumor but i believe it (partly cuz i'm a bitter mac reject)

Hahahaha...that cracked me up (even though I know I should not be so bitter lol). Oh well, we have other interviews, so who cares about Mac =P

Wow, this is insane - I cannot believe that the WS cut off actually went up to an R....this is one huge nightmare!!

Who would've actually thought that a Q on the WS would actually get cut out of the interview pool?

On top of that, who would've ever thought, in the whole wide world, that having busted my balls to get a 35Q - it would turn out that circumstances would have it such that I am one of the lowest ranked applicants wrt to my MCAT? I've been rejected by Mac, rejected by Queens, and am heading to Manitoba again, but as an OOP, my 35Q is actually at their lower limit...and it just so happens that it's worth 50% of your final score. This is just bad luck. I'm in such shock right now - there are some really brilliant people out there, lol.

Wow, this is insane - I cannot believe that the WS cut off actually went up to an R....this is one huge nightmare!!

Who would've actually thought that a Q on the WS would actually get cut out of the interview pool?

On top of that, who would've ever thought, in the whole wide world, that having busted my balls to get a 35Q - it would turn out that circumstances would have it such that I am one of the lowest ranked applicants wrt to my MCAT? I've been rejected by Mac, rejected by Queens, and am heading to Manitoba again, but as an OOP, my 35Q is actually at their lower limit...and it just so happens that it's worth 50% of your final score. This is just bad luck. I'm in such shock right now - there are some really brilliant people out there, lol.

Ouch man, that really sucks =/

Don't know what to say besides keeping your head up. Did you apply to Western??

dude I'm in the exact same situation as you! Same MCAT score....god Queen's is annoying. I'm also applying to Manitoba, but I'm in-province. Best of luck with the interview!

dude I'm in the exact same situation as you! Same MCAT score....god Queen's is annoying. I'm also applying to Manitoba, but I'm in-province. Best of luck with the interview!

Yea...sucks much? Everyone who got in, and everyone who got in off the WL last year had 37+ scores...(for the OOP seats).

Archived