Premed 101 Forums

waitlist info?

The Dean of Admissions announced on the Interview Day that there would an additional 10 seats (making 135 in total) unless if the new provincial conservative government changed course. I don't think they have, so that may the seats they are refering to..

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dean of Admissions announced on the Interview Day that there would an additional 10 seats (making 135 in total) unless if the new provincial conservative government changed course. I don't think they have, so that may the seats they are refering to..

according to the publication by the association for faculties of medicine (see previous post with a link to the pdf download on that website) uofc had 135 spots last year. according to the other link in that previous post, the uofc article talked of an increase of 10 seats per year. that would be 145 seats this year. is that already in place or is that the 10 seats that we're waiting on hearing about? i don't know. but 135 was the seatage (seatage?!) last year.

any news yet this week?

Seeing as how they announced they have 135, and that futuredoc's PI mentioned 'unannounced' seats, it looks like they will add seats on top of 135.

So

pre-interview - 29.15

interview - 33.56 (exact same score as tooty - tooty does this mean anything in terms of standard deviations, that such strange scores would be exactly the same? or just x amount of interviews averaged?)

essay - 7.35

total - 70.06

REQUEST - for each person getting off the waitlist, can you say your score, so that we can know when things are getting closer to us???

My score is 68.88 and I am still on the waiting list...no e-mail yet. I am a 4th yr IP applicant.

Damn it is still in the 70s. My partner is in the low 68s. I think her chances are much pretty much gone considering there is a little over a month left before classes start and the waitlist is probably just trickling down. My guess would be that anyone under 69.5 will be out of luck.

Homer,

I agree. I personally know seven people with scores between 69.53 and 70.07 (only one is on this forum). I have also been checking with a buddy who is in the 2010 class. He says that there were 11 people (IP) who were accepted from the wait-list after June 18/07 (8 of them were accepted due to increase in seats- they were notified in late July). He was one of the 8.

Hi,

I received an offer today but I will be rejecting it as I plan to attend Queens. My total score was 70.11. I am an IP student. Good luck to the next person in line.

wtf my score is higher than this and I haven't been notified.

Hey guys,

Just got in off the waitlist this morning at 9:30am. I had 70.20 and I'm IP. I'm going to accept the offer:)

Nice work Purple. So now we know that 70.20 is in. Let's hope that Alanna and Siobhans get a call soon so that we are in the 69s by Monday.

Archived