Premed 101 Forums

Official Interview Invite Thread for 2008-2009

Classic

Case Western Reserve: schnauzr (C:8/12, II: 8/13. I: ???),

UTMB: Monster (C: 7/16, II: 8/12, I: 9/12),

Georgetown: THX (C: 7/22, II: 8/4, I:9/18),

Tulane: THX (C: 7:30, II: 8/19, I:9/30)

Tulane!!!

I volunteered in NO and really played up the fact that I liked the city in my essay, that probably helped me a lot.

congrats...

Why does it seem like all of the schools I applied to have not sent out any invites yet?

Do the schools in the south send out invites earlier?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys :)

I think schools in the south do send out interviews earlier. A lot of the northeastern schools that I applied to are just getting started and some haven't even sent out their first batch yet.

Don't forget, August is not the main interview offer month - September and October are. The cycle has barely begun.

What a slow day.

For those who got an interview, how are you guys planning to get there?

For Tulane and UTMB, I guess it'll definitely be by flight.

Where can you get the cheapest flight tickets?

Are you guys staying in hotels or with student hosts?

Personally, I'm planning to take a bus there and stay in a motel.

I received the list of the student hosts after I had already booked everything, so I missed out on that opportunity.

Nothing from Wayne, MSU-CHM, SUNY, SLU, Rosalind? I thought these schools were Canadian-friendly..

Some people were put on hold at SUNY.

I dunno, like THX said, its still very early. It seems like the northern schools do things later than those in the south.

Nothing from Wayne, MSU-CHM, SUNY, SLU, Rosalind? I thought these schools were Canadian-friendly..

First bunch of Wayne invites went out earlier this week I think. It usually takes a couple of weeks for mail to reach Toronto from Detroit.

Case Western Reserve: schnauzr (C:8/12, II: 8/13. I: ???),

UTMB: Monster (C: 7/16, II: 8/12, I: 9/12),

Georgetown: THX (C: 7/22, II: 8/4, I:9/18),

Tulane: THX (C: 7:30, II: 8/19, I:9/30)

VCU: THX (C: 7/25, II: 8/21, I:??)

I received one today for VCU, we can schedule it anytime between now and March so I'm not exactly sure when I want go. Maybe november?

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to interview on the 16th of October. I just don't want too many interviews at the same time in fear that it will mess up my academics. There's no point in interviewing if I end up doing miserably in school ;)

I'm going crazy here...this rolling admissions thing suuuucks!!!

I need to go camping for like a month so that I am cut off from all technology and can't check my e-mail 72 times a day...

good thing snail mail only comes once a day...although that one time is just as disappointing when the only thing addressed to me is my bank statement:(

Sad sad monster...

ok..that's my rant...I'm sorry that I posted it in the interview thread...but don't get your knickers in a bunch, no interviews here!!!!:o

Hey guys 2 things

Last year, people were getting a lot of action this upcoming week. It is THE WEEK.

Btw, how long did it take for you guys to be marked as complete? I submitted my stuff like 2-3 days ago, LORs sent by Interfolio and received (accroding to interfolio) by monday.

Hey guys 2 things

Last year, people were getting a lot of action this upcoming week. It is THE WEEK.

Btw, how long did it take for you guys to be marked as complete? I submitted my stuff like 2-3 days ago, LORs sent by Interfolio and received (accroding to interfolio) by monday.

Yeah, I heard that this week is suppose to be the 'week' as well. Complete can take awhile depending on the school, anywhere from a few days to a week.

Archived