Premed 101 Forums

Official Interview Invite Thread for 2008-2009

Classic

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me, it was two weeks after my completion email from Chicago.

I knew I wasn't getting an interview because many others who were complete at the same time were getting interviews on SDN.

I thought I'd just be put on hold, but oh well.

Even though my stats were above their averages, I felt like maybe it was my "lack" of research. I had 1 year of research experience. Chicago seems pretty research heavy. According to MSAR, last year, they invited a large% of international applicants.

Also, they cut their class size by around 30 seats or so. That's A LOT! So maybe they aren't as receptive to us anymore? Who knows.

Those who got rejected from Chicago, what were your stats like, and how much research experience did you have (if any)?

Even though my stats were above their averages, I felt like maybe it was my "lack" of research. I had 1 year of research experience. Chicago seems pretty research heavy. According to MSAR, last year, they invited a large% of international applicants.

Also, they cut their class size by around 30 seats or so. That's A LOT! So maybe they aren't as receptive to us anymore? Who knows.

Those who got rejected from Chicago, what were your stats like, and how much research experience did you have (if any)?

check earlier in the threat. People posted their stats.

I had five summers of research. =\

3.7, 33N, 2 summers of research (one at university of Washington)

and I'm doing a Master's right now. I thought that would be my saving grace since they're so research oriented but apparently not...no offense, but it does make me feel better that it seems like no other Canadians have gotten interviews either...makes me think it has nothing to do with our stats and that they just don't want Canadians (although my gpa IS admittedly low)

also have lots of volunteering and some physician shadowing...

34R (11 11 R 12) and 3.87 cGPA + 3.84 sci GPA

2 summers of research + additional project on top of my 4th year thesis.

Published abstracts + abstract at int'l conference but no pubs.

10 day volunteer abroad , and a whole bunch of activities on campus, in campus residence, with the community (first aid), etc.

and I'm doing a Master's right now. I thought that would be my saving grace since they're so research oriented but apparently not...no offense, but it does make me feel better that it seems like no other Canadians have gotten interviews either...makes me think it has nothing to do with our stats and that they just don't want Canadians (although my gpa IS admittedly low)

Did you apply to Wayne?

Uh I'm still submitting secondaries. Things aren't as bad as you think they are, don't worry. There are a lot of people on the SDN side of things that have great numbers but are on hold or getting rejected for no rhyme or reason. Hang in there!

Anyone heard anything?

It's quiet.... too quiet...

Perhaps, it is the calm before the storm.

btw... Wayne State has HUMONGOUS tuition! It's almost criminal how much they are charging. I still applied =\.

I was accepted at Wayne and had to produce a letter from my bank stating that i could afford 78,000$ in tuition and living expenses.

Needless to say I am ecstatic about staying in Canada

Case Western Reserve: schnauzr (C:8/12, II: 8/13. I: ???),

UTMB: Monster (C: 7/16, II: 8/12, I: 9/12),

Georgetown: THX (C: 7/22, II: 8/4, I:9/18),

Tulane: THX (C: 7:30, II: 8/19, I:9/30)

Tulane!!!

I volunteered in NO and really played up the fact that I liked the city in my essay, that probably helped me a lot.

Archived