Premed 101 Forums

Interview Emails Are Out!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I do not think all the rejections have been sent out--based on some of the previous posts from people who believe they don't make the GPA cut-offs

Last year the torture was applied in reverse in that invites were sent out first followed by rejections.

Wow...with that are you sure you cant turn water into wine? :D

I am sure you got other interviews?

I will learn to turn water into wine for next time ;)

and I was fortunate enough to receive other invites ( BC, McGill, Western, Queens, UofM)

although I dont condone such padding and will never participate in it...it seems to work in many cases...it's quite disappointing and doesnt give you much confidence in the selection process...no one is perfect I suppose

it is pretty obvious if it is padding - if it is the only thing you have, well then you are padding.

I volunteer at a hospital like many of us do, but I also done several overseas research trips, backed up I suppose with an separate minor in biology in related areas. If I only had the overseas stuff it would be silly. In addition it is a reflection of my broader interests (well I think so at least :) ). I know I took the trips for reasons unrelated to my medical school app.

it is pretty obvious if it is padding - if it is the only thing you have, well then you are padding.

I volunteer at a hospital like many of us do, but I also done several overseas research trips, backed up I suppose with an separate minor in biology in related areas. If I only had the overseas stuff it would be silly. In addition it is a reflection of my broader interests (well I think so at least :) ). I know I took the trips for reasons unrelated to my medical school app.

like i said, I wasnt trying to generalize...I just know of people in my lab who told me that when they didnt get in the first time, they made a choice with their friends to go volunteer abroad...they all had additional volunteer experience...to each their own I suppose

yes, i also made the cutoff but not the sketch...i am very confused as to how I couldnt make the sketch cutoff (1st author publication in journal, wrote a chapter for a text book, 2 1st author abstracts, won medals at world championships in my sport, volunteered over 200hrs helping homeless people with HIV, clinition observership, major external fellowship etc.etc.etc.)

Good luck to others.

W... T... F....

Archived