Premed 101 Forums

status change on Minerva (McGill)?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dentist 2b sooooo excited for you!!! I know how much you wanted this!!!

Thanks Juba!!! I'm still in shock!!! I actually called patricia myself thinking that I didn't get in because they I didn't get the call!!! and then she said she left me a msg this morning! wow! can't wait to see you guys!! we'll be classmates..yyeeeyy

guys, my Minerva status changed to "accepted with condition". what kinda conditions?!:confused:

Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading that you need to finish off this term and pass what you need in order to get your bachelor's degree. I think it was written on the acceptance letter, which I received about 2 weeks later.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading that you need to finish off this term and pass what you need in order to get your bachelor's degree. I think it was written on the acceptance letter, which I received about 2 weeks later.

I graduated 2 years ago!lol...anyways.. who cares! Patricia said I'm in! :D

I graduated 2 years ago!lol...anyways.. who cares! Patricia said I'm in! :D

I also graduated 2 years ago!

I guess for both of us the school conditions have been met!

As for other conditions, your immunizations need to be up to date and you need to be tested for certain blood-borne diseases.

Since I got accepted, I've underwent a battery of blood tests. Thankfully everything is fine.

I knew someone who was refused into UofT dentistry because of their

Hep B status, but your Hep B status can change. Anyway, your family physician should be testing your

Hep B antibody level as part of your annual checkup so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

You can't have any communicable form of TB, but your status can change.

For Hep B, you must be reactive for the antibodies (generally shows immunity) or test negative

for the Hep B antigen (generally the former case results in the latter). I got both done just to be safe.

You can't be infected with Hep C.

You can't be infected with HIV.

Source: http://www.mcgill.ca/dentistry/admissions/undergrad/immunization/

Form: http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/postgrad/docs/immdocjan2009_en.pdf

Does anybody know how many IP waiting list moves usually. and how do they rank the waiting list???

last year it moved 3 spots, and I think the year before it 2. if you call patricia she'll tell you where you are on the waiting list. and I think the ranking is done automatically, the same way the ranked everyone who got accepted. good luck:)

Archived