Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15th

I was sad that there is nothing going on in this forum so I thought I would vocalize what we are all thinking:

2 MONTHS (minus a day) UNTIL MAY 15TH!!!!!!!!!!!

YIKES:eek:

ok....see you tomorrow for the 2 MONTHS (minus 2 days) UNTIL MAY 15TH post:p

:D

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

What do you think you're doing. That was my job!!!:P

I have stuff to do too but it's always in the back of my mind..which is annoying.

Although, the last month has gone by pretty fast so I think this will go by fast too (I have to write a thesis in the meantime so I don't really want May 15th to come TOO fast anyway or my thesis might not be finished lol)

2 months minus 2 days now...so close

lol. I would be happy to blow a huge wad of cash at another school 'cause that means I GOT IN!!! to another school:P

But yes....I understand what you mean. Consider it a drop in the bottomless bucket we call med school applications. I lost track of how much I have spent on applications/flights/hotels in the last year but it is several thousand dollars (U.S. med schools cost an arm and a leg and my soul to apply to...):eek:

lol. I would be happy to blow a huge wad of cash at another school 'cause that means I GOT IN!!! to another school:P

But yes....I understand what you mean. Consider it a drop in the bottomless bucket we call med school applications. I lost track of how much I have spent on applications/flights/hotels in the last year but it is several thousand dollars (U.S. med schools cost an arm and a leg and my soul to apply to...):eek:

LOL, I spent over 5 grand last year (I kept track of all the application/interview-related expenses, down to the cost of parking). Close to $2000 this year (didn't apply to the US this time). $6000 on going back to school for no other purpose than just to raise my grades for med applications and get more pre-reqs....so my med-related expenses in the last 2 years are approaching $15,000.

Sorry my bad. Just too anxious waiting :)

Hey,

What do you think you're doing. That was my job!!!:P

I have stuff to do too but it's always in the back of my mind..which is annoying.

Although, the last month has gone by pretty fast so I think this will go by fast too (I have to write a thesis in the meantime so I don't really want May 15th to come TOO fast anyway or my thesis might not be finished lol)

It's hard to focus on school with this hanging over my head....

I'd get an Xbox or something but I can't let my grades drop. The catch is that the courses I'm in aren't interesting, so my mind wanders. And of course, when it wanders where do you think it goes? If there's a better formula for stress I have yet to find it :(

I'd get an Xbox or something but I can't let my grades drop. The catch is that the courses I'm in aren't interesting, so my mind wanders. And of course, when it wanders where do you think it goes? If there's a better formula for stress I have yet to find it :(

This is EXACTLY how i feel. i have a particularily boring semester and cannot focus ever since my interview. Probably not smart since i only had one interview.

Man, I'm so glad I'm out of school right now.

Civilization 4 till May 15, with the occasional weekend of drunken debauchery thrown in for good measure. Might even start up a D&D campaign, 'cuz I'm a total ****ing nerd... :):cool:

I SHOULD do some more volunteering just in case, but there's nothing available that catches my eye (a transparent excuse, I know).

Ironically a friend of mine just invited me to a D&D session for the first time last month. More fun than I expected, but I still wouldn't admit it if this weren't anonymous :P I was just debating looking over a leaked copy of the PH2.

I think I'll have to start playing music more, since I haven't had much time for it through the process.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a good idea in theory....in practice I just didn't have the stamina:p

I modified it to become a monthly countdown...so you'll hear from me again in 14 days:D

(Holy crap is this wait ever going slow btw...)

What happened to the countdown?

1 Month, 14 days?

I SHOULD do some more volunteering just in case, but there's nothing available that catches my eye (a transparent excuse, I know).

Ironically a friend of mine just invited me to a D&D session for the first time last month. More fun than I expected, but I still wouldn't admit it if this weren't anonymous :P I was just debating looking over a leaked copy of the PH2.

I think I'll have to start playing music more, since I haven't had much time for it through the process.

you'll fit in well in calgary ;-)

It gets a bad rap, considering for me at least it was more about the social aspect. If I wanted to kill dragons alone and sad in my basement I'd go play WoW :P

That's one thing I'm looking forward to though. The whole med experience seems far more involving. It was hard to get motivated to join clubs and do things in undergrad because the clubs never really did anything worth attending. It seems like everyone gets together as a tighter group in med school and has a blast doing group activities (in between schoolwork of course). :D

Needless to say, I plan on being much more involved.

ahhahahaah yea, I plan on starting working out in two weeks..... well the reason why I wasn't working out before was because of other stuff.... but in the next two weeks.... definitely... i'm going to start working out.

The biggest indicator of future behavior is past behavior and it's very easy to say you'll do something in the future.

Remember, there is no time like the present. If you're going to do something, why wait... just do it already.

Archived