Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15th

heh, has it already been a year!? good luck to all you poor, stressed out people :D

ps. take the day off (from work, lab, whatever) - if you get in, it'll be a chance to celebrate (beers on moose's patio comes to mind)... if you don't, you can mope in the privacy of your own home (or, beers on a patio... maybe not moose's)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously cant believe its May already people..Really anticipating I get in..! People I don't really understand how the increase in the number of seats this year makes everyone happy? There were 600 interviewed..and theyre only taking 180..the ratio is still pretty tight?! :S

550 :P, plus way better chances if your ip, which goes to like 160/450 which is 40 percent... plus waitlist ppl who don't want spots... works out to maybe 45-50 percent, plus if you had interviews at u of a... and it starts to look pretty good

o... 6 days :)

I seriously cant believe its May already people..Really anticipating I get in..! People I don't really understand how the increase in the number of seats this year makes everyone happy? There were 600 interviewed..and theyre only taking 180..the ratio is still pretty tight?! :S

SIX DAYS!?

where has the time gone...:eek:

and yes. we have done the calculations tons of times...they interviewed 550, 130 are for OOP positions, and there was at least one person who didn't show up in my interview group (w00t! only 549...lol). IP chances are good, approximately 1 in 3, and it is expected that top applicants will get multiple offers which potentially allows the waitlist to move.

Nothing can be done anymore. It's all over. The admissions offices are crossing T's and dotting I's. They know who they want and who they don't and are preparing their email lists for the big day.

I feel like we're waiting for the 'results show' for Med School Apps 2009! Talk about a dragged-on season! :P

I'm proud to say I haven't thought about May 15th in like 2 days. I've discovered that the key is to do so much hard labour that you're exhausted and don't have the energy to worry about anything:D

It's gonna suck for me this Monday and Tuesday, I'm at work alone, and I can't distract myself by working out like a maniac, either - no gym at that station. I hope we get like 5 transfers to Edmonton, otherwise the only thing I can do to keep myself busy is study for a potential MCAT retake.:( LOL.:rolleyes:

Archived