Premed 101 Forums

May 15 Notification

I am an OOP applicant from the Toronto area......still waiting on my letter :( totally hating Canada Post right now.........argh.....

Are any OOP still waiting on letters?

At what point during the week should we be suspecting a lost letter in the mail, and calling the Admissions office? Thurs? Fri?

Basically, how much time do they give you to respond to an offer?

Thanks! any help appreciated

I was told that though many letters were mailed out early, some letters were still mailed out last Friday. I'm in Halifax, and I haven't gotten mine yet, so I assume mine was mailed out on Friday and that I'll get it tomorrow which is the normal 2 working days for a "in city" letter.

Personally, if I don't get it by Friday, I'm calling.

If I was you, I'd probably call by Monday as if yours was mailed out the 15th as well, it's actually not unheard of for our horrible mailing system to take a week to get a letter from Halifax to Toronto.

Just my opinion...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am an OOP i was waitlisted .. Most OOPS i think got their letters today.

I was wondering if all OOPS could please post wether they were accepted , waitlisted , rejected. Also, would they be accepting or rejecting their seats.

Ontariobach, will you be rejecting your wait-list spot?

I am OOP and had my letter arrive today (as far west as you can get so letters should be arriving everywhere soon). Waitlisted at #5 spot.

Very encouraged!

To those withdrawing from the OOP waitlist, would you mind saying what number you were on the waitlist? (or at least roundabout)

I would love to attend Dal!

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about submitting final transcripts and proof of graduation and whatnot? It wasn't mentioned in the letter.

Edit: P.S. Did anyone else notice how the "most ever users online" number at the bottom of the main page says ~300 yesterday at 5pm? Didnt it used to be ~700 from a day in May 2008?

Fallhigher, did you receive anything? I live in the middle of Halifax and haven't gotten a thing. This is cruel beyond belief. They say no news is good news, but I'm in diarreah panic mode right now ... and thats not good for anyone.

I'm in Halifax, and today's mail came and went.....

nothing.....I'm very frustrated.

I'm going to phone them Friday. That way I can say, It's been a week since the 15th and a letter 'in city' shouldn't take a week. It either wasn't sent on the 15th, or it's lost.

OK got the long-awaited letter...........Single-digit waitlist position!!! :D

How much do you guys expect the OOP waitlist to move this year?

Is 10 spots an unreasonable estimate? I realize that it moved 30 last year, but how many spots did it move the year before that???

my yr (3 yrs ago) it moved 16 spots

1arm, when did you receive it....Are you oop/ip? Are you 3rd year/4th yra/4+yrs? I am yet to receive something....

hey bmaghd... i have not gotten anything yet either... but for reference i am 4+ yrs out here on the Coast... will post when (if!) i get anything... take care

Well, I'm guessing pretty much everyone has recieved their letters now. I called yesterday and it seems the computer accidentally cut off part of my address number (instead of 1000-something it put in 1) and so it went to my building but not to me :S And then I found out that the letter was probably sent back to the post office (since we have no apt.1). Gah, so annoying!

Well, I'm guessing pretty much everyone has recieved their letters now. I called yesterday and it seems the computer accidentally cut off part of my address number (instead of 1000-something it put in 1) and so it went to my building but not to me :S And then I found out that the letter was probably sent back to the post office (since we have no apt.1). Gah, so annoying!

something similar happened to me, so I asked them to e-mail it to me and they did at the end of the day yesterday....

Archived