Premed 101 Forums

May 15 Notification

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm waiting to hear from Mac, Queen's, and U of C.

My top two are either of the Ontario schools.

Congrats Lesley,

I am curious, both queens and mac have a contrasting curriculum (more lecture based learning compared to more PBL), is there any particular reason you would choose both of those over dal, which might have a better mix of the two types of learning style?

I'm waiting to hear from Mac, Queen's, and U of C.

My top two are either of the Ontario schools.

What about Western? I just peered at your stats over in the accepted thread... and you should have had a guaranteed interview there?

I certainly envy your position at the moment.... accepted and waiting for more!

Congratulations

What about Western? I just peered at your stats over in the accepted thread... and you should have had a guaranteed interview there?

I certainly envy your position at the moment.... accepted and waiting for more!

Congratulations

I did a 5 year undergrad degree, and my courses were all out of order in terms of course level:year of degree level. Ultimately (after a lot of communication with the Western Admin office), it was determined that any application of mine to Western would have been invalid. So I didn't even apply...

Congrats Lesley,

I am curious, both queens and mac have a contrasting curriculum (more lecture based learning compared to more PBL), is there any particular reason you would choose both of those over dal, which might have a better mix of the two types of learning style?

I'm ashamed to say it has little to do with curriculum. I agree that Dal has a good blend of didactic/PBL. However, I've done my undergraduate at Dalhousie, and my entire elementary-high school was completed across the street from Dal. I just need a break from the campus and Halifax. And Calgary is a BIT too far away. So, purely location wise, I'm hoping for an Ontario school.

I'm ashamed to say it has little to do with curriculum. I agree that Dal has a good blend of didactic/PBL. However, I've done my undergraduate at Dalhousie, and my entire elementary-high school was completed across the street from Dal. I just need a break from the campus and Halifax. And Calgary is a BIT too far away. So, purely location wise, I'm hoping for an Ontario school.

Ah, dont feel ashamed, i was just curious, as i am vaguely in somewhat of a similar situation as you... gotta see what happens in 37hours :)

Hi guys,

Stalked the postman this morning and got my acceptance letter!!! I'm going to post my stats in the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread, but am a NS resident.

It was a normal stamped envelope. I am guessing that they send the NS ones with a stamp and maybe the OOP and other maritimes express so they get there by Friday?

My letter is dated May 11.

Yayayayaayayay!!!

Good luck to everyone else :)

I'm beginning to think that only acceptances were sent out? That or no rejections are willing to post.. can't believe I'm stuck at work alll day.

I dont think anyone wants to be the first to post a rejection. But once someone posts, more will come.

It is possible that only acceptances were sent (interview invites were sent ahead of non-invites), but the website does say that all notices will be sent on the 15th...but since its not yet the 15th, this is all speculation

Im thinking also if you live in a rural area this might be coming into play. So far has everyone who got acceptances lived in or near a major city? If the letters were sent out May 11 as one person noted, then it can take 4 days to get to us rural ppl.

Also just curious, did the acceptance letters look like normal mail or were they thicker?

First NB applicant posting here!

Happy to say got my 2nd acceptance today from DAL (1st from MUN).

Yippie!

I'll post my stats tomorrow in the sticky.

btw, letter came in a small white envelope, via regular mail, date on the letter is may 11, no date on the envelope it self, had two sheets in it

I live right in Halifax (well, near the rotary) and close to the main mail sorting building place, so that definitely might be part of it. Mail always gets here quickly.

The letter said May 11, but it is stamped as going through the mail system....ummm, let me check....May 12.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it only reaches some people in Halifax tomorrow even. They timed it pretty well.

Envelope was completely normal, doesn't even have the Dal logo on the front (just Admissions & Student Affairs address in the corner). Not at all thick. The acceptance only has 2 pages: the letter itself and then the Admission Confirmation form.

Im thinking also if you live in a rural area this might be coming into play. So far has everyone who got acceptances lived in or near a major city? If the letters were sent out May 11 as one person noted, then it can take 4 days to get to us rural ppl.

Also just curious, did the acceptance letters look like normal mail or were they thicker?

Acceptance and rejection letters are both sent in standard white envelopes. Rejection letters are one sheet of paper, and acceptance letters (I believe) have two sheets.

Archived