Premed 101 Forums

May 15 Notification

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI - I just called to see about changing the address my decision letter is being mailed to and they weren't too pleased as "the letters were all printed yesterday"

What did they say about when they would be mailed? I'd speculate that it will be tomorrow or Monday, but again, that's just a guess. Did you hear anything more definite?

FYI - I just called to see about changing the address my decision letter is being mailed to and they weren't too pleased as "the letters were all printed yesterday"

Hmm...from this info you could conclude that the decisions have obviously been made and could have been sent by email yesterday...

Seems like a needless delay if you ask me - if the decisions are made, why not send them out (by email)?!

Nothing was being offered up re: when they would be mailed but I'm in agreement with you that they will likely be mailed tomorrow or Monday.

Let's hope so anyways...

What did they say about when they would be mailed? I'd speculate that it will be tomorrow or Monday, but again, that's just a guess. Did you hear anything more definite?

/sigh, it's the week of February 9th all over again.

not quite. You can only check your mailbox once a day, whereas you can check you email constantly. Therefore, I almost prefer getting the letter in the mail.....almost.

i've heard in the past emails were sent out to let us know that decisions have been made and are in the mail....any idea if this will be taking place again this year?

The reason for that is that the letters were sent out in batches in past years. Like, some were sent out in Feb, some in March, some in May. Since they're all being sent out at the same time this year, they may not send any emails.

This is so nerve racking. My mail system is so ****ty in this apartment, the letters all end up in a communal lobby...on the floor...and then sometimes tracked back out onto the driveway with big footprints on them.

Thank goodness for pm101, so that I will know when everyone else has received their letters so that I can call to get mine resent or pick it up or something :P

Has anybody ever gotten through? I always get the answering machine. Though I haven't called in a couple weeks.

I will be out of town on the 15th so I want to know my status electronically or over the phone. What is the standard procedure (forms, windows for accepting an offer, deposits, etc.) if I am accepted?

Has anybody ever gotten through? I always get the answering machine. Though I haven't called in a couple weeks.

I will be out of town on the 15th so I want to know my status electronically or over the phone. What is the standard procedure (forms, windows for accepting an offer, deposits, etc.) if I am accepted?

I've managed to get through in the past week (see post above). As far as I know, the only thing they will require from you in the short term is a deposit reserving your seat. This requires you to give them a credit card number or cheque, and I think the window is 2 weeks (but, clearly, I've never been accepted, so this is far from certain).

did you call?

like i said earlier... i'm at work most days during business hours and can't call, unfortunately. i'm not super worried about it anyway, i just wanted to know if anyone knew anything. we'll all know by the end of the week... or next week for sure :D

Yeah, Dal is really on the ball about waitlist movement as well. I think they send out emails at the end of every week notifying applicants about where they stand as of that week. I'm sure this is at least partially self-serving, haha, since it stops a bunch of annoying calls from neurotic premeds (read: myself), but it's a nice thing to have.

Archived