Premed 101 Forums

May 15 Notification

I remember somone telling me that if you are not successful, they will tell you what aspect of your application to improve upon. Is this true? And if so, do you have to specifically ask for it, or will it be on your rejection letter?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember somone telling me that if you are not successful, they will tell you what aspect of your application to improve upon. Is this true? And if so, do you have to specifically ask for it, or will it be on your rejection letter?

You will have an opportunity for a feedback session, but I believe this is only given to people who are rejected (I don't think waitlistees get them). Also, you have to call them to schedule an appointment. Generally, you'll get feedback within 2 weeks of being rejected.

Just to go back to the question about what is required to secure your spot once accepted... there is a very small form that you need to send into the admissions office/drop off if you're local and so inclined. It basically is something that you check off that you accept the spot and sign the bottom. Also you need to give a $200.00 deposit (standard University admissions stuff) to the student accounts office (main university campus). This can be done online I think (I pay all my student accounts stuff online although I already had a student number so I'm not sure how it works if you've never gone to Dal before).

Good luck everyone!

I know.. people were just making predictions that they would arrive today/tomorrow. Seeing as I passed 3 mailmen on my way to work this morning- I'm assuming that if they were to come today someone would have posted by now.

I'm not holding out much hope of hearing before next week.

I was thinking at the earliest it would arrive or Thursday. More likely on friday, if they actually did send the letters earlier. However, I am not really expecting Dal's office to be sending them before hand... considering their previous history. So if your only waiting for dal, dont hold your breath for this week... but if you did go to interviews at other schools, friday morning is only 2.5days away :eek:

Based on my conversation with the admissions office yesterday, I think we can expect to see letters later this week.

Haha. Are you trying to stir the pot, or what?

I live in Halifax, and my mail comes ~ 11am. I don't expect the letter to show up before Friday, but I will post if it does.. :)

I was told yesterday that it is their hope and intention to send the letters out a day or two before the 15th so that they will arrive by the 15th.

I did offer to go help stuff envelopes to take some of the burden off the girls in the admissions office - at least I got a laugh out of them!

heh a day or two, means that we wont be getting the letters on friday, as it takes 4-10days (as the people at canadapost say)

hehe maybe we should all help them send out the letters :P (hehe or emails)

i.e.

----

May forever, 2009

Dear ______,

Congratulations!

We are pleased to say that you have been accepted by Dalhousie Faculty of Medicine. Please complete the application attached with a $200 deposit, within two weeks of the date above.

Sincerely,

----

To be honest, I'm pretty impressed with the process this year. It's way better than last year's, when you were left hanging out to dry for 3 months. There may have been a hiccup with when interview invites were going out, but all in all, it's been a major improvement.

I might like to see them move to email though...

how come? .

Well, they have been saying for months that they would mail the letters on the 15th. My understanding is that they moved to this process of mailing all the letters at once to save us all a lot of grief. If they decided to mail all the letters out early, it wouldn't exactly set a good precedent for subsequent years, now would it? I can see it now: "Last year they said that they would mail the letters on May 15th but they really mailed them on the 12th. So..."

Friday it is.

Also, from canadapost.ca: Standard Lettermail service delivers letters & documents within 2 days locally; 3 days province-wide and within 4 days anywhere in Canada (except remote locations).

Actually, I heard that its not going to be lettermail. Like UWO, they're going to be using expresspost, or some other courier-like service to ensure delivery on Friday across the country. At least they're putting our $75 fee to some use.

If that's true, then awesome!

I mean, they didn't even have muffins this year, so the $75 has to go somewhere! :P

Actually, I heard that its not going to be lettermail. Like UWO, they're going to be using expresspost, or some other courier-like service to ensure delivery on Friday across the country. At least they're putting our $75 fee to some use.

Archived