Premed 101 Forums

anyone didn't get summer research funding?

iwh333

Yes I'm at ISMRM. Its sooo cool here :D. And you missed cause of exams?? WTF??? I moved 2 exams out of the way to come to this conference. LOL. Registrar and my profs were very accommodating to help me not miss this.

That's intense; yeah, I had 4 exams this week, and it would have been way too hard to get them out. Hopefully next year's conference is in another cool place!

That's intense; yeah, I had 4 exams this week, and it would have been way too hard to get them out. Hopefully next year's conference is in another cool place!

That SUCKS!! Its so damn cool here. I just finished my talk 2 hours ago. Made it through without being ripped to pieces :rolleyes:. Now I get to take it easy and try to rip on others, LOL. And theres a lot of cool workshops, demonstrations, talks, etc. going on. You really missed out!

Yea hopefully they have it in a cool place again next year. It was sad last year when they held it in Toronto. I was like "damn, how am I going to get a grant to a conference in my home city?" Theres a few more coming up in NY and other places in the U.S. But it won't be the same as Hawaii :P. Well I'm off to see a few talks now.

That SUCKS!! Its so damn cool here. I just finished my talk 2 hours ago. Made it through without being ripped to pieces :rolleyes:. Now I get to take it easy and try to rip on others, LOL. And theres a lot of cool workshops, demonstrations, talks, etc. going on. You really missed out!

Yea hopefully they have it in a cool place again next year. It was sad last year when they held it in Toronto. I was like "damn, how am I going to get a grant to a conference in my home city?" Theres a few more coming up in NY and other places in the U.S. But it won't be the same as Hawaii :P. Well I'm off to see a few talks now.

congrats deeman, hope your presentation went well!

UPDATE***

just got email back from project coordinator, basically she said in the email that her and the prof were really surprised that i didn't manage to get funding... so now apparently they are going to have a meeting and find some alternative funding lol... ah just when i when i was realizing all the other awesome opportunities out there besides research for the summer!

UPDATE***

just got email back from project coordinator, basically she said in the email that her and the prof were really surprised that i didn't manage to get funding... so now apparently they are going to have a meeting and find some alternative funding lol... ah just when i when i was realizing all the other awesome opportunities out there besides research for the summer!

LOL.... congrats anyways for (probably) getting paid to continue your research........

UPDATE***

sweet!!!!!!!! :D

UPDATE***

Nice......research has a way of working out :)

There are a lot of scholarships out there you just have to find them. I worked two summers in undergrad without getting NSERCs, but found other scholarships that provided just as much money.

Only problem might be that this is pretty late. Good luck

yeah i think it's a little late! cause NSERCs usually come out a little earlier so i guess there might be more time to find alternative funding...

Archived