Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Oh god. My dog died tonight. Collapsed outside in the dark. Could have been there for over twenty minutes when me and my dad found him. He was still alive, barely so, when I wrapped him in a blanket and carried him back to the house (needed to move him, it was dark and the only light I had on me was my cell phone). Heavy guy. Dad's got a bum knee. When I got him back into the light and unwrapped him, he was dead. I couldn't have been moving him for more than thirty seconds. The change was amazing. No colour left in muzzle or gums. Tongue went dark purple. I went through a couple cycles of CPR before my mom got me to stop. She said she didn't want him coming back with brain damage and that he been really lethargic and unhappy the last week. DIdn't expect the CPR to work but had to try it.

I got up, didn't look at him, and just walked away. Went to get a pair of latex gloves. Don't know why. I think I wanted to look in his throat to see if he choked (my dad gave him a T-Bone early). Then it sunk in. Went back to see him, see if I could pat him one more time and just hug him again. Had him for fifteen years. Parents had moved him when I got back. Feel like crap now. Afraid to go to work. Even, worse I had a couple of assignments to finish for a 12am due date. Tried to force myself to put the finishing touches but couldn't focus. Don't know what to tell the profs, especially cause I had an altercation with one earlier this year.

sorry to ramble but i needed to get it out. don't want anyone to see me right now or to talk to anyone i know

sorry for your loss :(

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh god. My dog died tonight. Collapsed outside in the dark. Could have been there for over twenty minutes when me and my dad found him. He was still alive, barely so, when I wrapped him in a blanket and carried him back to the house (needed to move him, it was dark and the only light I had on me was my cell phone). Heavy guy. Dad's got a bum knee. When I got him back into the light and unwrapped him, he was dead. I couldn't have been moving him for more than thirty seconds. The change was amazing. No colour left in muzzle or gums. Tongue went dark purple. I went through a couple cycles of CPR before my mom got me to stop. She said she didn't want him coming back with brain damage and that he been really lethargic and unhappy the last week. DIdn't expect the CPR to work but had to try it.

I got up, didn't look at him, and just walked away. Went to get a pair of latex gloves. Don't know why. I think I wanted to look in his throat to see if he choked (my dad gave him a T-Bone early). Then it sunk in. Went back to see him, see if I could pat him one more time and just hug him again. Had him for fifteen years. Parents had moved him when I got back. Feel like crap now. Afraid to go to work. Even, worse I had a couple of assignments to finish for a 12am due date. Tried to force myself to put the finishing touches but couldn't focus. Don't know what to tell the profs, especially cause I had an altercation with one earlier this year.

sorry to ramble but i needed to get it out. don't want anyone to see me right now or to talk to anyone i know

So sorry for your loss. :( As a pet owner, I know how much our pets become a part of our lives. You have my deepest sympathies.

Sounds like you really cared about him though, he was a lucky dog :( Sorry for your loss

Thats heart breaking b_s. At least he lived a long and most likely happy life. Hope you feel better. :)

do you guys have a PM101 thread routine?

Mine:

-load up flashchat (usually)

-general premed: WED, Kill the Radio, skim the first few lines of the "what are my chances" threads that show up daily

-University of Calgary subforum

-Memorial subforum

-Non-trad subforum

-log out

So there I was just watching some top gear on TV and a EFFING MOUSE just decides to poke its head out from under the other sofa. And then wanders out, a couple inches, and takes something, and wanders back under the couch. F@#K!!! Gotta load up on them rat traps now. :mad:

So there I was just watching some top gear on TV and a EFFING MOUSE just decides to poke its head out from under the other sofa. And then wanders out, a couple inches, and takes something, and wanders back under the couch. F@#K!!! Gotta load up on them rat traps now. :mad:

eeeeeeeeew my house had a mouse infestation last year!!

We ended up having to call an exterminator cuz there were SO MANY!

Yesterday, my mom and I officially purchased a brand new condo. I got to move myself out at the end of August and then her at the end of September. So much packing to do that I don't even know where to begin.

This is called going into debt at full speed. After spending over 5000$ on a vacation, we purchase a condo. Then I get scheduled for 4 conferences all over the place which are going to cost a bit more money plus 2 planned vacations.... :eek: Money crunch. NEEEEEEEED to find a way to earn money fast....

This is beyond ridiculous! The fax number on this page does not work! Like its disconnected or something. Finding OSAP is harder than finding bin laden!

Yesterday, my mom and I officially purchased a brand new condo. I got to move myself out at the end of August and then her at the end of September. So much packing to do that I don't even know where to begin.

This is called going into debt at full speed. After spending over 5000$ on a vacation, we purchase a condo. Then I get scheduled for 4 conferences all over the place which are going to cost a bit more money plus 2 planned vacations.... :eek: Money crunch. NEEEEEEEED to find a way to earn money fast....

Ahem. I'm 22k in debt...and I haven't even paid tuition yet. Pretty bad considering I finished UG with no loans and money in the bank. :rolleyes:

EDIT: WOOOOWW! Even the toll free # that worked on tuesday no longer works today...

Haha, Law, that is good to hear! But I will be the opposite voice.

I am absolutely fed up with my job right now. I just realized that I really screwed up an experiment, and my results I presented to my boss are totally unusable. I don't know what sucks more - having to re-do it all, or having to tell my boss I effed up and didn't realize it 'til now.

I just keep chanting "two more weeks left" to keep sane.

I am absolutely fed up with my job right now. I just realized that I really screwed up an experiment, and my results I presented to my boss are totally unusable. I don't know what sucks more - having to re-do it all, or having to tell my boss I effed up and didn't realize it 'til now.

Been there, done that. :)

Get the old school traps and bait with peanut butter or chewed up wad of gum. (If you are renting) Complain to landlord ASAP that you have vermin and want something done!

Good luck! I don't mind mice or rats, but only if they're in the lab!

Get the old school traps and bait with peanut butter or chewed up wad of gum. (If you are renting) Complain to landlord ASAP that you have vermin and want something done!

Good luck! I don't mind mice or rats, but only if they're in the lab!

You can also use a slippery sided garbage can with a ramp that goes up to the top with peanut butter inside the garbage can. The mouse falls in and can't get back out and then you drop the mice somewhere away from your home. You can often get more than one mouse that way. You have to make sure that none of your other food is easily accessible though, no matter what trap system you use.

This is beyond ridiculous! The fax number on this page does not work! Like its disconnected or something. Finding OSAP is harder than finding bin laden!

EDIT: WOOOOWW! Even the toll free # that worked on tuesday no longer works today...

LOL haha. I hope I never ever get any issues with OSAP. I don't think I could go through this nightmare.

Ahem. I'm 22k in debt...a:rolleyes:

Well you did that in one day. I have 11K and I only just finished one year. O.o I'm applying for OSAP again right now and seeing the "total funding issued" is just painful.

Archived