Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at a meeting today and one of the older profs said "We need to promote synergy." to which the 3 students in the room said "Like a boss!" He just looked at us and said "I'm going to google that and see what the inside joke is. I'll report back next week." and then he wrote a note to himself to look up what "like a boss" means. lol.

He/she does, he/she is even a member here. :P

Hehe:)

Leap, in that case the best thing to do from my experience is to get a few hours of rest (at least 3) that way you will be more productive than just running on empy batteries.

Like one wise member here said: «rest is the best weapon»

In case somebody here loves ballet, here's an awseome video:

I was at a meeting today and one of the older profs said "We need to promote synergy." to which the 3 students in the room said "Like a boss!" He just looked at us and said "I'm going to google that and see what the inside joke is. I'll report back next week." and then he wrote a note to himself to look up what "like a boss" means. lol.

I'm feeling dumb right now, I had to do 4 google searchs to understand :

1) The meaning of this expression and

2) The 3 students refers to the lyrics of a song

I can fully conclude, as of today at 5PM, that this is one lousy week. Exceptionally lousy one. I have an exam tomorrow and all I feel like doing is sitting and flicking the lights on and off... sums up my life right now

I was supposed to take the morning off to study, and it did not happen. 9.5 hrs work, no lunch break.

Time to make dinner for the boy and take the dog out for her walk.

Order of priority in my life:

1/J's business

2/J's food-making, house cleaning, other wifely duties

3/Doggie care

4/My school

5/My exercise/volunteering

I have a final on Sat, but I haven't even barely started- it's a 100-level english course, but still. There's no way I'll get time off tomorrow. I feel like crying.

I was supposed to take the morning off to study, and it did not happen. 9.5 hrs work, no lunch break.

1/J's business

3/Doggie care

4/My school

I have a final on Sat, but I haven't even barely started- it's a 100-level english course, but still. There's no way I'll get time off tomorrow. I feel like crying.

*ehugs*

Well, this is what I needed. An insurance company calling me and telling me that my BMI of 17.9 (yes, like 0.1 less than 18 = big f*ucking deal) means that I'm suffering from an eating disorder. LMAO...

A boy ignored me relentlessly or I don't even know what to call it. Maybe he ignored me because I ignored him?! Who the hell knows....

I found out that I have to ace my exam to keep my mark - jeez.... thanks marker for giving me high marks...

I'm very tired right now while my friends are enjoying their dinners and drinks at this huge party that I decided not to go to.

I think I might go make myself a coffee and dig a hole for the rest of the night.

Oh yes and nails I finally nicely grew, popped today. One by one. I needed that. I guess.

I have also come to conclusion that I don't understand men. Maybe someone can buy me one of those glass balls?! :o:rolleyes:

*ehugs*

I have also come to conclusion that I don't understand men. Maybe someone can buy me one of those glass balls?! :o:rolleyes:

men are dumb... and easy... seriously. smile at us and flip your hair around a bit... or wink.

that's really all it takes

if a guy requires more than that... he is not worth your time.

1/J's business

3/Doggie care

4/My school

Sounds like your guy needs to learn how to do some "wifey duties" too.....

You'll do fine. Just remember: that Romeo and Juliet both die

That the soliloquy (omg spelling fail) "To be or not to be, that is the question" is from Hamlet

And I before e except after c except as in "eh" as in "How's it goin' eh?" :D

Seriously though: *e-hugs* I'm sure you'll do great!

Oh yes and nails I finally nicely grew, popped today. One by one. I needed that. I guess.

I have also come to conclusion that I don't understand men. Maybe someone can buy me one of those glass balls?!

Ugh... I hate it when my nails are nice and a decent length and then one rips... and it just is annoying as hell because then it catches on everything. And it always happens when I'm not near clippers... And then it'll really catch and tear and it hurts like a mofo, but you can't say anything because then everyone assumes you're like the girls that say "AH! I broke a nail" all dramatically:rolleyes:

Men are so confusing. I think never mind glass balls, I think we need to find a Woman-Man English dictionary, because guys are so damn confusing. Take for instance the following 2 guys (assuming they're both guys):

men are dumb... and easy... seriously. smile at us and flip your hair around a bit... or wink.

I'd argue that statement a little.

And y'all wonder why us girls find you guys so damn confusing! Haha

Seriously though leap, the best advice I can give is to just be yourself. And hope you eventually find a guy that's easy (ish.. lol) to figure out or if you've found a guy, hopefully he'll open up and not be so confusing! Sometimes I think we make guys out to be more confusing than they really are, when really, they aren't so confusing.... unless of course, I'm just so confused that I think everything makes sense:p

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized how naive I was when I was younger. I thought their fighting would get easier the older I got because then I'd understand why they were fighting. How it totally isn't easier at all- in fact it's worse. Back then I thought if I was good enough at everything I could make them forget why they were fighting and everything would be all better. It seemed to work back then. But now... Either I'm not as good of a daughter as I used to be, or it's easier to see that whatever I've done hasn't really made them forget anything. A facade is easier to create for children- when they don't understand the underlying issues in the first place the facade isn't as easy to see through....

cnb88,

I think hking agreed with me after I made the comment to him that when we go out for beers the first 320 lb hairy lass that smiles at us and twirls her hair is all his and I'll get whatever's left.

There's a certain level of baseline attractiveness for something like that to work. However I think you have it right - just be yourself and don't be afraid to talk to guys (I know I, and assume most, guys like that). If he isn't interested at that point then he's probably simply not interested. It happens to everybody, just move "on to the next one".

I agree with the first part of that statement and the last. However, I think men are far more complex and they, even though they claim they don't, play games. They enjoy playing games (just like females). However, this situation is far more complex than just twirling hair, giving him the look and smiling. :)

Ugh... I hate it when my nails are nice and a decent length and then one rips... and it just is annoying as hell because then it catches on everything. And it always happens when I'm not near clippers... And then it'll really catch and tear and it hurts like a mofo, but you can't say anything because then everyone assumes you're like the girls that say "AH! I broke a nail" all dramatically:rolleyes:

Men are so confusing. I think never mind glass balls, I think we need to find a Woman-Man English dictionary, because guys are so damn confusing. Take for instance the following 2 guys (assuming they're both guys):

And y'all wonder why us girls find you guys so damn confusing! Haha

Seriously though leap, the best advice I can give is to just be yourself. And hope you eventually find a guy that's easy (ish.. lol) to figure out or if you've found a guy, hopefully he'll open up and not be so confusing! Sometimes I think we make guys out to be more confusing than they really are, when really, they aren't so confusing.... unless of course, I'm just so confused that I think everything makes sense:p

Nails. That's what my nails do too. The worst is that I actually broke a nail while dancing. I think I just got carried away wee too much. lol. And it hurt like hell because it broke where it shouldn't. We at least break them doing something instead of putting on our make up ;) (if you know what I mean).

Yeah. Being myself is probably the best way to go. However, the situation is rather complex so I decided to just let it be. I think it's for the best right now. When January comes, we'll see what it brings along. I'm afraid if he does end up opening up, it will be a heck of a more confusing than the two of us mutually avoiding one another. lol. I have far more important stuff in my life to worry about than some guy.

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized how naive I was when I was younger. I thought their fighting would get easier the older I got because then I'd understand why they were fighting. How it totally isn't easier at all- in fact it's worse. Back then I thought if I was good enough at everything I could make them forget why they were fighting and everything would be all better. It seemed to work back then. But now... Either I'm not as good of a daughter as I used to be, or it's easier to see that whatever I've done hasn't really made them forget anything. A facade is easier to create for children- when they don't understand the underlying issues in the first place the facade isn't as easy to see through....

Are you okay? You're perfect cnb. So don't let anyone put you down (I'm assuming you're talking about your parents). I'm never good enough to my mom. She always thinks I can create some sort of miracles and that's not the case. Her expectations have always been so high that I feel way better to have moved out. Now she just calls me once in awhile to tell me what I need to do but it's not like it lasts hours. Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore the rest. It's your life.

cnb88,

I think hking agreed with me after I made the comment to him that when we go out for beers the first 320 lb hairy lass that smiles at us and twirls her hair is all his and I'll get whatever's left.

There's a certain level of baseline attractiveness for something like that to work. However I think you have it right - just be yourself and don't be afraid to talk to guys (I know I, and assume most, guys like that). If he isn't interested at that point then he's probably simply not interested. It happens to everybody, just move "on to the next one".

I'm afraid to talk to this person because I'm afraid to hear what he has to say (especially because the situation is way more complex). So, my way of not hearing what he has to say has been to ignore him. I've utilized ignoring and avoiding for the past week, but it didn't seem to work because every time I'd hope NOT to see him, I end up bumping into him. And when I do see him, I ignore him. Is it working? Well, for me, yes. I think he's pretty pissed off so he's ignoring me too (at least I think that because I don't know what goes on behind my back when I pass him without saying "hi"). lol.

Well, this is what I needed. An insurance company calling me and telling me that my BMI of 17.9 (yes, like 0.1 less than 18 = big f*ucking deal) means that I'm suffering from an eating disorder. LMAO...
MY GP insisted I have an eating disorder based on my BMI. So then she made me keep a food journal for a week and when she saw all the food I was eating she said I lied in my journal. Maybe she should have asked me how much I exercise during the week, or if I walk/bike to school every day. Needless to say, I now how a new GP who understands BMI isn't the be-all end-all of health measures.

*♥ super e-hugs ♥*

Just got overly excited about watching a show with my boyfriend and jabbed my upper thigh into a desk corner. Now am cooling my thigh with a frozen bag of breadcrumbs. Fail.

This reminds me of my most memorable second date:

Went to pick up some beer on the way over to a party, when putting it in the trunk i did not realize that the hatchback trunk lid was falling down (it was cold, the pistons not working properly--yay for canadian winters). It hits me in the head while i'm bent over the trunk and i fall to the ground. 2-4 was safely in trunk, fortunately.

At said date's house, i had a huge goose egg and had to wear a bag of frozen peas on my head for 30 mins to help reduce swelling. :rolleyes: yea...i am that cool. needless to say, things didn't end up going places in the end.:o

OK, off to exam number one. I am exhausted. studied approx. 12 hours the day before. Hoping all goes well--it's an intro computers class and multiple choice. Let's hope i remember how to answer a M/C test.

I agree with the first part of that statement and the last. However, I think men are far more complex and they, even though they claim they don't, play games. They enjoy playing games (just like females). However, this situation is far more complex than just twirling hair, giving him the look and smiling.

Nails. That's what my nails do too. The worst is that I actually broke a nail while dancing. I think I just got carried away wee too much. lol. And it hurt like hell because it broke where it shouldn't. We at least break them doing something instead of putting on our make up ;) (if you know what I mean).

Yeah. Being myself is probably the best way to go. However, the situation is rather complex so I decided to just let it be. I think it's for the best right now. When January comes, we'll see what it brings along. I'm afraid if he does end up opening up, it will be a heck of a more confusing than the two of us mutually avoiding one another. lol. I have far more important stuff in my life to worry about than some guy.

Are you okay? You're perfect cnb. So don't let anyone put you down (I'm assuming you're talking about your parents). I'm never good enough to my mom. She always thinks I can create some sort of miracles and that's not the case. Her expectations have always been so high that I feel way better to have moved out. Now she just calls me once in awhile to tell me what I need to do but it's not like it lasts hours. Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore the rest. It's your life.

I'm afraid to talk to this person because I'm afraid to hear what he has to say (especially because the situation is way more complex). So, my way of not hearing what he has to say has been to ignore him. I've utilized ignoring and avoiding for the past week, but it didn't seem to work because every time I'd hope NOT to see him, I end up bumping into him. And when I do see him, I ignore him. Is it working? Well, for me, yes. I think he's pretty pissed off so he's ignoring me too (at least I think that because I don't know what goes on behind my back when I pass him without saying "hi"). lol.

I have no idea why my nails do that- this summer, I somehow managed to go a few months without that happening. Don't know what I did for that, but right now- my nails are terrible :(. And that's the thing- it freakin' hurts when it rips below the pink! And as for make-up, I don't know how since I've been doing it for years, but at least once a week I stab myself in the eye with my mascara brush:rolleyes:

Good luck with the boy situation leapy! Hopefully he realizes what an awesome girl he's missing!

Thanks. I've decided that no matter what I'm moving out in June/July- either somewhere far away, for if I get into med, I'll be using that line of credit to be on my own. I love my parents but sometimes that stress of them fighting is just too much. Right now I'm just looking forward to the end of December when I'll be gone for a few days!

MY GP insisted I have an eating disorder based on my BMI. So then she made me keep a food journal for a week and when she saw all the food I was eating she said I lied in my journal. Maybe she should have asked me how much I exercise during the week, or if I walk/bike to school every day. Needless to say, I now how a new GP who understands BMI isn't the be-all end-all of health measures.

*? super e-hugs ?*

BMI is not the be-all-end-all for sure. They don't take into account a lot of things, like depending on what kind of athlete you are/how much muscle you have it's higher than what it looks like. Also, as long as you're eating and healthy and not over exercising, I don't think it's a big deal. And leapy,as for having an eating disorder at 17.9.... Laughable!

Thanks TOK :)

This reminds me of my most memorable second date:

Went to pick up some beer on the way over to a party, when putting it in the trunk i did not realize that the hatchback trunk lid was falling down (it was cold, the pistons not working properly--yay for canadian winters). It hits me in the head while i'm bent over the trunk and i fall to the ground. 2-4 was safely in trunk, fortunately.

At said date's house, i had a huge goose egg and had to wear a bag of frozen peas on my head for 30 mins to help reduce swelling. yea...i am that cool. needless to say, things didn't end up going places in the end.

OK, off to exam number one. I am exhausted. studied approx. 12 hours the day before. Hoping all goes well--it's an intro computers class and multiple choice. Let's hope i remember how to answer a M/C test.

Omg! *E-hugs!* That happens all the time with my car! That hurts so bad! Good luck on your exam!!!! I know you'll do great!

So I'm going through an age-crisis right now apparently- I've just finished watching Finding Nemo and have just started watching Monster's Inc.... all the while doing cross stitch. So I'm both 3 and 75 at the same time. Lol!

Archived