Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me to my cousins: Ok everyone. We're going to see the Narnia movie on Friday. Your parents will drop you off at the theatre and then we're taking the bus back to [my aunt's house].

cousin (who wanted an iphone): Actually, I think I'll see Tron while you see Narnia.

me: I don't think so. You know you want to see Narnia and that's what we're all seeing. I'm buying your ticket and your food. If you want to see Tron, you can go when I leave.

cousin: ARGH! You're the worst cousin ever, thatonekid! I can't believe my life! *stomps into another room*

I'm taking 10 kids to see a movie, buying their tickets and snacks (with some $ help from their parents), and yet I'm the worst cousin ever. Yeah, his life is really tough. :rolleyes:

me to my cousins: Ok everyone. We're going to see the Narnia movie on Friday. Your parents will drop you off at the theatre and then we're taking the bus back to [my aunt's house].

cousin (who wanted an iphone): Actually, I think I'll see Tron while you see Narnia.

me: I don't think so. You know you want to see Narnia and that's what we're all seeing. I'm buying your ticket and your food. If you want to see Tron, you can go when I leave.

cousin: ARGH! You're the worst cousin ever, thatonekid! I can't believe my life! *stomps into another room*

I'm taking 10 kids to see a movie, buying their tickets and snacks (with some $ help from their parents), and yet I'm the worst cousin ever. Yeah, his life is really tough. :rolleyes:

kid has a point though. Tron was incredible. Ask TheLaw

Developing the teenage attitude at 10? Oh dear. I hate to see what he (I'm assuming it's a he) will be like at 14 :S. Man, I wish you were my "worst cousin ever" :P

Oh yeah? I am not so sure...but I've only seen the trailer for the older movie.

Oh, and if my kid acted like that when someone was going to take them somewhere, they wouldn't be going.

Yeah, I think if I said that (even now) my mom would be like "I guess you don't have to worry about it since you aren't going" lol.

Anyone see Black Swan yet? I really want to see it and I'm curious as to whether it's lived up to its hype.

So I'm about to embark on some few-days-before-Christmas Christmas shopping.... even though I'm already done. I've got (loose) instructions from my mom on what she needs me to pick up... I just hope I can find some stuff :S. And not get run over by the crowds:rolleyes:. Not looking forward to having to step into Toys R Us this close to Christmas.....

Developing the teenage attitude at 10? Oh dear. I hate to see what he (I'm assuming it's a he) will be like at 14 :S. Man, I wish you were my "worst cousin ever" :P

Yeah, I think if I said that (even now) my mom would be like "I guess you don't have to worry about it since you aren't going" lol.

Anyone see Black Swan yet? I really want to see it and I'm curious as to whether it's lived up to its hype.

So I'm about to embark on some few-days-before-Christmas Christmas shopping.... even though I'm already done. I've got (loose) instructions from my mom on what she needs me to pick up... I just hope I can find some stuff :S. And not get run over by the crowds:rolleyes:. Not looking forward to having to step into Toys R Us this close to Christmas.....

black swan was fantastic!

yeah RT didn't give it a hot rating either. I thought it was really awesome.
Hmm. Maybe I'll see it when I get back then.

I agree with Newf about Black Swan. I thought it was amazing. And I'm going to Toys R Us tomorrow. It's going to be...interesting.

Browsing the internet this afternoon and saw on sportsnet.ca the vote for Canadian Athlete of the Year. The finals is Georges St. Pierre (mixed martial artist) and Sidney Crosby (hockey).

I am surprised Jonathan Toews isn't in Crosby's place. Crosby had a terrible olympics save for that last goal and he didn't win a Stanley Cup this year. And Joey Votto isn't in the finals which I am also surprised about. I can understand though since he isn't that popular in Canada and baseball is becoming less and less relevant in Canada as a pro sport.

Regardless, I am voting for GSP, as he is the current champ in his sport and dominated his opponents like no other. He also is an individual athlete, which should count for more than a player on a team. He also won the Canadian athlete of the year for 2008 and 2009. However, I think Crosby will get it though since he now has that last goal tied to his name forever and got the most goals last year in the NHL.

Damn, we need a sports section for pm101.

How is mixed martial arts a "sport"?

black swan was fantastic!

black swan was epic. I feel like a lot of pre-meds can identify a bit with Natalie Portman's character in her strive for perfection in her art... so many questions after, it really makes you think. some people have called it pretentious because of the ballet setting and aronofsky's directing, but I disagree.

black swan was epic. I feel like a lot of pre-meds can identify a bit with Natalie Portman's character in her strive for perfection in her art... so many questions after, it really makes you think. some people have called it pretentious because of the ballet setting and aronofsky's directing, but I disagree.

I've been crazy about Aronofsky for so long, I am really looking forward to it. I wonder if the movie theatre here in town is showing it? John's already said he'll go with me. I don't think he knows what he's in for. :)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

I had an interesting day. Went to my first practice MMI session today at UBC with a group of people and we started telling each other our PM101 usernames. When I mentioned my username people went "YOU'RE MITHRIL? YO WE GOT MITHRIL HERE". It was interesting, lol.

did it lift you out of your depression for a while there?

So going home today... Officially got my letter and everything. Next 5 years should be interesting.

I also received some substantial love from deeman last night. lol. :P You should have seen one of his messages.... oh yes

**** you!!!!! I wanna see you!!!!!!!!!

Omg Leap please meet me!!! I'm drunk but I know that much! I love and I miss you and I know any amount of hours you miss meeting me wtf I don't know what I just typed I hope I can drive a manual tomorrow. Omg so much work please meet me? I'd give u the biggest hug!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf did I just type? Anyways the true feelings of a person comes out when they're drunk. Anyways I bit my lip please txt me? [insert phone #].

LMAO :D

I want to thank deeman for all of the love. It came at the right time. Hahahahahaha

Oh yes and just so deeman doesn't get into **** with his "real" or "fake" gf - I'm not interested in deeman. He's one of my closest friends. :)

Archived