Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Just got an award in the mail for getting the best marks in the biology department for the second year in a row :) that's always a Pleasant surprise! Comes with a nice certificate and some $$

Congrats! I'm still waiting to see if I get any nursing scholarships. I applied for quite a few. Cmon, 4.0GPA, top clinical exam marks and 1337 clinical skills. On another note, why are there so many scholarships for females in engineering, but not a single one for males in nursing?

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard it was decent last night!
Yeah, it was. But it was so hot it bordered on torture.

interesting...i didnt know about three days grace...on my flight to toronto, some members were seated next to me and playing their own video on the laptop lol...
lol! Now that's random.

Just got an award in the mail for getting the best marks in the biology department for the second year in a row :) that's always a Pleasant surprise! Comes with a nice certificate and some $$
Sweet.

So, as of right now, I'm still basically where I was yesterday wrt Harry Potter. Was busy looking up a bunch of stuff for my move (wow is PODS ever expensive! Same with U-Haul! I think my original plan of packing my car and buying there is still the best option) and e-mailing people about apartments. Found some potentials. There's one that looks AWESOME... crossing my fingers and hoping I get that one- right size, right price, right location... Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's not too good to be true!

Roughly 20 days from now, my location will no longer read "Island of Despair"! :D

*goes back to reading The Goblet of Fire*

EDIT: congrats Larrivee!! I don't suppose you want to share some of your brain power? Sometimes I feel like I need all the help I can get :o LOL! That's so awesome though! I guess since you're already in med, it'll be something to add to your CV for CaRMS? Maybe? Or a bragging point to pick up chicks (or dudes... not sure if you're a dude or a chick... or for that matter which you prefer........ *goes back to reading HP*) LOL

My penlight just came in the mail today but my Cardiology III stethoscope is on a backorder. :(

My cardio III came in Monday:)

I am insanely jealous of you both. INSANELY.

I might be impulsive and buy my own version of TO notes.

LOL jks guys congrats! Jake get that thing engraved ;) and mith, make sure you can use it as a self defence tool for all the ladies that will be screaming after you :D

I'll tell you on FB.

you know what sucks... i don't think i have gemini on fb...

you know what else sucks... nobody from meds has added me on fb... i need to have the power in the relationship darnit!

add me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, as of right now, I'm still basically where I was yesterday wrt Harry Potter. Was busy looking up a bunch of stuff for my move (wow is PODS ever expensive! Same with U-Haul! I think my original plan of packing my car and buying there is still the best option) and e-mailing people about apartments. Found some potentials. There's one that looks AWESOME... crossing my fingers and hoping I get that one- right size, right price, right location... Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's not too good to be true!
*crosses fingers*

My student loan application got approved for...$3500. For some reason my spousal contribution is $26,000. Not only do I not have some invisible spouse, I don't have $26,000. How the f$%@ am I supposed to pay for school with $3500? :mad:

Did you get a divorce anytime soon mith? LOL

On a more serious note...did you fill in something wrong on the SLA? Or is it a processing error on their side?

My student loan application got approved for...$3500. For some reason my spousal contribution is $26,000. Not only do I not have some invisible spouse, I don't have $26,000. How the f$%@ am I supposed to pay for school with $3500? :mad:

Looks like a phone call is in order...sounds like somebody forgot to carry the one.

On a more serious note...did you fill in something wrong on the SLA? Or is it a processing error on their side?
It's a processing order no doubt. I called them but they told me to call back in half an hour because their student finances department is in a meeting. This is so pissing. I'm supposed to get $12.5k, not $3.5k.

It's a processing order no doubt. I called them but they told me to call back in half an hour because their student finances department is in a meeting. This is so pissing. I'm supposed to get $12.5k, not $3.5k.

Give them hell Mith!!! Maybe you'll get something in return ;) like a free bag. I did that with my VISA and they gave me a nice leather bag....

Also. I'm studying in the library here and I took a quick look at Toronto Notes that was next to the physiology books I needed.

Mad props to all medical students and clerks....this stuff is hard. I can barely pronounce some of the words here...you guys must be awesome to handle this.

Give them hell Mith!!! Maybe you'll get something in return ;) like a free bag. I did that with my VISA and they gave me a nice leather bag....

Also. I'm studying in the library here and I took a quick look at Toronto Notes that was next to the physiology books I needed.

Mad props to all medical students and clerks....this stuff is hard. I can barely pronounce some of the words here...you guys must be awesome to handle this.

Or... maybe he'll get copious amounts of debt. Then, they'll follow that up with an audit and possibly an overaward screwing with your application for next year.

Good luck Mith!

Archived