Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hipster Ariel.

Got it :) thanks Mith - wow I feel outdated.

It's kinda sad yet funny because The Little Mermaid is one of my favourite (and first) Disney movies...I really liked Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel, the music in the movie and I was happy she made an appearance in Kingdom Hearts.

But still; some really funny ones out there :D

Me too. I blame surgery.

Hey Renin, I just bought Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient in anticipation for clerkship. How useful is the book in your day-to-day work?

The print is microscopic but I like that it fits in my pocket : )

Sorry to hear about your bf's cat, Cerena. :( I hope he turns up soon.

That said, cats are amazing creatures. My sister's cat, who was an indoor-only cat, escaped and went missing. There were frantic neighbourhood searches for her, posters put up, checking with the humane society, everything. Three weeks went by and everyone assumed she was gone for good. Then she shows up on their doorstep, emaciated and dehydrated, but otherwise none the worse for wear (she was immediately brought to the vet for a check-up, and other than being malnourished and dehydrated, she was fine). So cats can be pretty resilient at times.

Wow, MR. That's amazing! Three weeks?!

By the way, how is your boy doing?

Sorry to here about your bf's cat.. :(. Cat's are very resourceful creatures hopefully you can find him/her.. I will keep you in my thoughts..:)

Thanks abstract. :)

I have black.

Black rocks.

Indeed it does!

For day-to-day on the wards, Renin recommends:

1. A good pen. One you won't be embarrassed to lend your attending.

2. Penlight.

3. Reflex hammer.

4. Drug guide appropriate or YOUR COUNTRY OF PRACTICE.

5. Peripheral brain: green/red internal med book, Ferri, or iPod/Pad/Phone.

6. A ten dollar bill. For coffee. Food. Or bribes.

Hmm, the CPSBC used to publish the gross income of physicians in BC. Now I can't find that link anywhere.

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/legislation/msc.html

That has up to 2009/2010 on it.

I have the actuall bookmark on my laptop, but not on my iPhone.

Must sync iPhone!!!!!

In other news- I get married on Saturday then off to Europe for 3 weeks... Yikes!!!

Fun times.

For day-to-day on the wards, Renin recommends:

1. A good pen. One you won't be embarrassed to lend your attending.

2. Penlight.

3. Reflex hammer.

4. Drug guide appropriate or YOUR COUNTRY OF PRACTICE.

5. Peripheral brain: green/red internal med book, Ferri, or iPod/Pad/Phone.

6. A ten dollar bill. For coffee. Food. Or bribes.

Is it true that neurologists are fanatical over reflex hammers?

Is it true that neurologists are fanatical over reflex hammers?

Yes, they have a very specific type... Can't remember what it's called, but it's like a wood dowel with a pointy end and then the reflex hammer is a round disc. Pretty pimp if you ask me.

No, Ryan Reynolds will not be coming...:(

There's something seriously wrong here... One end of the country is experiencing +40(+) weather... And the other end (ie where I am)... Well, I had to turn of both front and rear defrost while I was driving because it was so cold the windows were fogging up! Defrost?! In July?!

So my day was pretty good (got my hair cut and coloured:)). I decided to try waxing my legs (since I didn't want to have anything to worry about while I was moving if I wanted to wear shorts or capris. Didn't think the amazon look would be overly attractive...). Anyways, it was my first time ever attempting to wax... And it'll probably be one of my last (I say one of because I still have half a box). Omg painful. I mean, it works amazingly well, but I don't suffer that much for beauty. It really sucks too because I was like "how bad can it be- plucking isn't too bad and it's on your face"... So I gave it a shot... And oh the pain! My brother came running down after the first one because I yelled so loud :o He was like "did you die or something?" Lol! Sorry bro, you can't get rid of me yet! Haha. The worst part is, once you do one strip, you have to keep going or else it'll look funny. Lol. I think I'll stick with shaving (and if I get really adventurous maybe try nair or something a little less painful)! Lol!

Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals hking! I hope you and your future wife have a lifetime of wonderful, happy years together:)

There's something seriously wrong here... One end of the country is experiencing +40(+) weather... And the other end (ie where I am)... Well, I had to turn of both front and rear defrost while I was driving because it was so cold the windows were fogging up! Defrost?! In July?!

So my day was pretty good (got my hair cut and coloured:)). I decided to try waxing my legs (since I didn't want to have anything to worry about while I was moving if I wanted to wear shorts or capris. Didn't think the amazon look would be overly attractive...). Anyways, it was my first time ever attempting to wax... And it'll probably be one of my last (I say one of because I still have half a box). Omg painful. I mean, it works amazingly well, but I don't suffer that much for beauty. It really sucks too because I was like "how bad can it be- plucking isn't too bad and it's on your face"... So I gave it a shot... And oh the pain! My brother came running down after the first one because I yelled so loud :o He was like "did you die or something?" Lol! Sorry bro, you can't get rid of me yet! Haha. The worst part is, once you do one strip, you have to keep going or else it'll look funny. Lol. I think I'll stick with shaving (and if I get really adventurous maybe try nair or something a little less painful)! Lol!

Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals hking! I hope you and your future wife have a lifetime of wonderful, happy years together:)

Lol!! You actually become desensitized over time... I barely feel it now ;) I slept in my living room by the a/c unit last night... normally I use my a/c for 10-15 minutes then turn it off for a while, it's so hot that a minute later I have to turn it back on so it's staying on this time!

Congrats hking!!

Archived