Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on your skin, nair might not be the best option either.

Waxing is painful but I've found when I've done it that a salon really does a better job than the home wax. It'll still hurt but it will hurt a bit less.

When I compete I typically get my legs waxed otherwise I'll spend 25 mins trying to shave them which is annoying lol

There's something seriously wrong here... One end of the country is experiencing +40(+) weather... And the other end (ie where I am)... Well, I had to turn of both front and rear defrost while I was driving because it was so cold the windows were fogging up! Defrost?! In July?!

So my day was pretty good (got my hair cut and coloured:)). I decided to try waxing my legs (since I didn't want to have anything to worry about while I was moving if I wanted to wear shorts or capris. Didn't think the amazon look would be overly attractive...). Anyways, it was my first time ever attempting to wax... And it'll probably be one of my last (I say one of because I still have half a box). Omg painful. I mean, it works amazingly well, but I don't suffer that much for beauty. It really sucks too because I was like "how bad can it be- plucking isn't too bad and it's on your face"... So I gave it a shot... And oh the pain! My brother came running down after the first one because I yelled so loud :o He was like "did you die or something?" Lol! Sorry bro, you can't get rid of me yet! Haha. The worst part is, once you do one strip, you have to keep going or else it'll look funny. Lol. I think I'll stick with shaving (and if I get really adventurous maybe try nair or something a little less painful)! Lol!

Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals hking! I hope you and your future wife have a lifetime of wonderful, happy years together:)

Depending on your skin, nair might not be the best option either.

Waxing is painful but I've found when I've done it that a salon really does a better job than the home wax. It'll still hurt but it will hurt a bit less.

When I compete I typically get my legs waxed otherwise I'll spend 25 mins trying to shave them which is annoying lol

Wait a minute, you are a dude right?......I thought it was socially accepted for dudes to have hairy legs..... o.O I'm not questioning your manhood, but why do you wax your legs?

Why shouldn't aaronjw shave his legs? His prerogative. maybe it is for sport, maybe it is for comfort, maybe it is 'just because'.

This whole 'what is/isn't' socially acceptable or expected thing really bugs me. What bugs me more is that there are much greater expectations for women than men to adhere to certain 'rules' (particularly in North America). Don't we have bigger things to worry about?

It's right up there with the North Amercian view that unless you are in school you should not be living at home with the parents after age 18. What's wrong with living at home if you don't mind and the parents don't mind and everyone gets along?

*LL gets down from her soapbox* :)

Wait a minute, you are a dude right?......I thought it was socially accepted for dudes to have hairy legs..... o.O I'm not questioning your manhood, but why do you wax your legs?

I compete in bodybuilding and well, hairless is a requirement.

But why does it matter? Not to be gross or whatnot, but people also shave their genitals these days so if a dude does it does that make him any less of a man?

I compete in bodybuilding and well, hairless is a requirement.

But why does it matter? Not to be gross or whatnot, but people also shave their genitals these days so if a dude does it does that make him any less of a man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2NJenBzPaQ

Shaving your legs does not matter, its just that people are *******s at times. Couple of my friends shaves their legs for sports (and they are as manly as they can be) and my other friends poke fun at it, which pisses me off. Blame the media for it :cool:

Swimmers shave their legs and arms for big important meets, some (mostly guys) also shave their back. It's not really a question of speed (though if you're really hairy it could make a slim difference), but without hair and the surface dead skin you feel the water completely differently on your skin. It's a really strange feeling, but it feels like you're just gliding in the water. I know cyclists who shave their legs too.

Yes, they have a very specific type... Can't remember what it's called, but it's like a wood dowel with a pointy end and then the reflex hammer is a round disc. Pretty pimp if you ask me.

No, Ryan Reynolds will not be coming...:(

That's the kind I use. Except mine folds up.

Swimmers shave their legs and arms for big important meets, some (mostly guys) also shave their back. It's not really a question of speed (though if you're really hairy it could make a slim difference), but without hair and the surface dead skin you feel the water completely differently on your skin. It's a really strange feeling, but it feels like you're just gliding in the water. I know cyclists who shave their legs too.

Little known fact- many cyclists (well, the ones I know) shave other parts because then the hair inteferes less with the chamois...

Thanks Renin

Where do you get a drug guide tough?

P.S.: Congrats on surviving internal medicine rotation!!!!!

I bought it with money.

Haha- Renin- I read this as you bought your survival of IM with money...

Cerena- sorry about the cat. :(

hking- congrats!

Mith- nice use of hipster ariel. :)

I fly back to the YT on the 1st! But... this weekend I get to spend time with doggie- her last weekend. Yesterday for breakfast she got half an Aero bar with whipped cream. This morning she had scrambled eggs, vanilla soymilk with ovaltine. Dinner tonight (for the dog) was a venison burrito all to herself. :) It's a great blessing that she is able to be spoiled. She's definitely getting more and more uncomfortable, but at least her belly is happy. :)

Adding to say- my work hired someone, and I am training him. AMAZING. Also, he's a quick study and is probably as fast a read and mathy-type person as I am, which is exactly what is needed now that I am going. I predict that in 6 weeks, J (by bf/employer) will wonder how he ever existed without the new guy. Seriously.

I fly back to the YT on the 1st! But... this weekend I get to spend time with doggie- her last weekend. Yesterday for breakfast she got half an Aero bar with whipped cream. This morning she had scrambled eggs, vanilla soymilk with ovaltine. Dinner tonight (for the dog) was a venison burrito all to herself. :)It's a great blessing that she is able to be spoiled. She's definitely getting more and more uncomfortable, but at least her belly is happy. :)

This is a very precious time for doggie and you and, as you say, such a blessing. I know what you are both going through and my thoughts are with you both. Doggie will always be part of you.

This is a very precious time for doggie and you and, as you say, such a blessing. I know what you are both going through and my thoughts are with you both. Dolggie will always be part of you.

+1 I just strolled down this road. You have given your doggie a very happy life, and she knows she's loved. My thoughts are with you and your girl, Ky <3

Archived