Premed 101 Forums

Nba Playoffs 2009

I agree that its gonna be Lakers vs Cavs... though Houston might give Lakers some trouble.

But to me Lakers will win over Cavs.

As good a Lebron is, Lakers have too much depth and Bynum and Gasol are too strong for Cavs. That is if they don't play soft and actually play to their potential.

Not really a basketball fan, but I want to see the Nuggets win the whole thing (although I think they'll lose to the Lakers). Trading for Billups was a good move on their part.

I'm a big fan of CB as well! I'd love to see them take the West :rolleyes:

On a related health note... I would like to see some analysis done on some of Lebrons genes. Perfect athlete.

Good luck, he doesn't even have genes. He was created in a lab, probably in a petri dish with nuclear fusion or somethin.

Good luck, LeBron James doesn't even have genes. He was created in a lab, probably in a petri dish with nuclear fusion or somethin.

Yes. This experiment was performed by Ian Wong. He can order cells what to do without them having a single nucleic acid.

• 2 weeks later...

I either want Cavs/Lakers for sheer epicness, or Nuggets/Magic because I love the bird man. I love the Cavs so if they played the Nuggets I wouldn't be very emotionally involved in the games. There's no way the Magic are beating the Cavs anyway, though

The Magic are just such a poorly run team that I can hardly see 1 victory let alone a series upset. Varejao is an underrated defender (and don't forget Big Ben) so they have the depth to stop Dwight and Cleveland's help defense/defense overall is second to none in the NBA. They may win 1 game if they shoot 50+% from beyond the arc. Cleveland has won all 8 games so far by 10 or more points. They're the real deal and I'd say the Magic have a 10% chance of winning this series.

You talk about guarding Pietrus/Lee being a problem to guard when West and Williams are far superior. I'd be more worried if I were Orlando there. The only problem Cleveland might have is handling Hedo/Rashard collectively since they're both 6'10'' psuedo-guards, but Cleveland's defense is just so unreal I can't see it being a problem. There's so many lock down defenders on the squad.

We can throw out stats until the cows come home, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm looking for close game tomorrow, only because Cleveland has been off for so long

In things that are official, today's game was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. You could make a 3 minute highlight real off of Denver's dunks and blocks alone. I haven't yelled so much in a long time. Kobe and Mello both get 40. What a start.

I care so much more about the NBA playoffs than the NHL right now. Both game 1's have been heartstopping. I love this.

The cavs were tired, and it showed as the game went further. They stopped moving the ball and they couldn't handle Orlando's shooters. Got to give credit where credit is due, the Magic played great in the 2nd. And they fought off 4 terrible foul calls on Dwight

This is the only game I expected to be close because of the huge layover, and it was. I expect a double digit victory on Friday for the Cavs

Archived