Premed 101 Forums

Class expansion

Does anyone have any solid information on the expansion of the U of A class size for this September? i.e., from what size to what size and where did you find the info?

Calgary has a big press release on their admissions website advertising the expansion to 180 seats, but I can't find anything like that for Alberta. I know on interview day they mentioned a possible expansion. (Or was it definite? I can't remember.)

In any case, this is my first post to these forums, so hi everyone. Can't wait for May 15th...

Hey! I noticed that on the UofC website as well.

UofA was supposed to find out at about the same time as UofC as I think the pool of money is from the same source. It definitely wasn't completely confirmed at the interviews.... so I have been looking for a similar press release from UofA... haven't seen a thing!

I remember the Dean saying 180 during the talk at the interviews for UofA... slip of the tongue, perhaps? :D

180 was a number quoted without any promises of over how many years this would be achieved.

Current class size is 158 I believe. Add roughly 30 dentists to the class if you are trying to figure out the seats occupied in the lecture hall.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived