Premed 101 Forums

Transferring to another university

So I'm just about finished my first year at york and in case you didn't hear, there was a strike that lasted about 3 months. But what's worse is that there is going to be another strike in 3 years from now, in my fourth year. So because of this I was going to transfer to another university after my second year. And originally I was planning on going to western. But I then I realized that I could transfer to a university outside of Ontario to get ip status. So far it seems like Alberta would be the best choice, because I can become a resident in 2 years if I'm a student. But has anyone done this? Is this a good idea, or should I just stick to western. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

So I'm just about finished my first year at york and in case you didn't hear, there was a strike that lasted about 3 months. But what's worse is that there is going to be another strike in 3 years from now, in my fourth year. So because of this I was going to transfer to another university after my second year. And originally I was planning on going to western. But I then I realized that I could transfer to a university outside of Ontario to get ip status. So far it seems like Alberta would be the best choice, because I can become a resident in 2 years if I'm a student. But has anyone done this? Is this a good idea, or should I just stick to western. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow, York has just screwed themselves.......

Manitoba by the way is the similar, you would also be a IP within two years, and you would be closer to home as well.

depends on how you are politically minded. I am transferring out of alberta to the university of victoria. I am originally from BC and found it to be very conservative minded here. I also personally don't like calgary and don't see any sense of community anywhere in the city, but that is my personal opinion so please no one take any offense.

I thought he said in 3 years? Which would make sense, as that union seems to strike whenever its contract is up, which is in 3 years.

yea i meant 3 years.. but u can possibly know that it will go on strike.. what im saying is it might be 10% chance or 20% chance but there is no 100% proof.

Archived