Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance Procedure

I'm a little confused as to what i should be doing for my acceptance. I am going to submitting my package (the letter, security check, money etc) this week, but I heard that the UofA automatically declines you if you accepted another school? Is it a problem if I keep myself on the waitlists at the other schools I applied to (waitlisted at Queen's/Calgary) until I finish up and confirm everything at UofA? or am I expected to move myself off the lists right away?

Thanks!!

Is it a problem if I keep myself on the waitlists at the other schools I applied to (waitlisted at Queen's/Calgary) until I finish up and confirm everything at UofA? or am I expected to move myself off the lists right away?

Thanks!!

Not a problem, but let the admissions office know as soon as possible regarding your final decision.

I handed mine in to the office in person and the admissions person told me that I won't get anything else until mid-July regarding Orientation week and vaccinations and such....But I expected to receive SOMETHING along the lines of "confirmation we received your deposit" either in the mail or email...guess we'll wait and see.

I handed mine in to the office in person and the admissions person told me that I won't get anything else until mid-July regarding Orientation week and vaccinations and such....But I expected to receive SOMETHING along the lines of "confirmation we received your deposit" either in the mail or email...guess we'll wait and see.

I handed in all my stuff in person on Tuesday and I got an email from Diane today saying everything was confirmed, my file was complete and I would receive an orientation package over the summer

I handed in all my stuff in person on Tuesday and I got an email from Diane today saying everything was confirmed, my file was complete and I would receive an orientation package over the summer

hmmm...i turned mine in last friday. perhaps i should give them a call to make sure it's all in order.

Guest rpuff

I express posted my package on Wednesday and called today since there had been no confirmation. They've gotten a huge influx of them so working through it slowly, but they said if they don't hear from you they'll call you before doing anything. Guess it's true that once you're in they do want to keep you. So everyone relax! haha.

I went in person today to confirm, and yes, like rpuff said they have *stacks* of files for every accepted individual and they basically have to go through each one, double check the documents and then confirm you're good to go...mine happened to be next on her pile :) so I asked for some verbal confirmation, haha. I also received an email today as well... So if you haven't heard yet, just phone and tell them you're making sure they've received it all and supposing you passed your criminal record check you're all but good to go.

I xpress posted my stuff (except for the criminal record check, still waiting to receive that in the mail) from Calgary and it arrived two Fridays ago. I called yesterday since I was wondering when the confirmation email would be coming - as another poster mentioned, they are working through a bunch of acceptances, so don't fret, the email is coming. I was told that if anything was missing (etc.) they will call you!!

So essentially don't worry they aren't giving away your spot to anyone else!! :)

so, i just got the e-mail that's like "condition lifted" that e-mail means we are unconditionally admitted right? ie. i can go and reject my other offers/waitlists now? ty :)

Sounds like it!

Do you know when your stuff got to their office? Just trying to ballpark how much longer I shoud be waiting.

Sounds like it!

Do you know when your stuff got to their office? Just trying to ballpark how much longer I shoud be waiting.

I brought mine in on the Wednesday (the 19th), minus my record check which was in on the Monday (the 25th), and still have not gotten an email yet.

They did credit my deposit though.

I brought mine in on the Wednesday (the 19th), minus my record check which was in on the Monday (the 25th), and still have not gotten an email yet.

They did credit my deposit though.

Email received at 2:35pm

tooty:

We have received your confirmation of admission, deposit, and your criminal record check. You have met the condition of our offer and your file is now complete.

An orientation package will be sent to you over the summer.

Diane Baker

They received my package last Wednesday and I also sent in my official transcripts last week, but I requested that they not cash in my cheque until this past Monday.

Archived