Premed 101 Forums

New OMSAS Manual

They have some nice trees by the OUAC building; maybe I'll set up a tent....Thoughts?

I have been "chillin" near the doors of the building the past week or so. People have been giving me weirds looks, but thats okay

Meet me there tomorrow morning. Make sure to bring the new edition of Toronto Notes, I need to update myself on the new stuff.

I have been "chillin" near the doors of the building the past week or so. People have been giving me weirds looks, but thats okay

Meet me there tomorrow morning. Make sure to bring the new edition of Toronto Notes, I need to update myself on the new stuff.

I'll bring the coffee....

sorry boys, this is probably gonna sound pretty ignorant haha... i can tell that you guys are joking about the camping out and such, but is there some kind of hard copy omsas manual you get in person? isnt everything on the internet?

sorry boys, this is probably gonna sound pretty ignorant haha... i can tell that you guys are joking about the camping out and such, but is there some kind of hard copy omsas manual you get in person? isnt everything on the internet?

How do arrangement price and payment?:P

(yeah it is all online :) )

I wonder how they would react if as a joke 30 people started camping out in front of their building. There is a nice big lawn there, and it is pretty close to canadian tire and a grocery store (for supplies).

I'm so sorry I stood y'all up! Out of town last night, but I'll be back in my tent in full force asap :P

I think the OMSAS people wouldn't be overly surprised. I mean, they get crazy pre-meds calling and emailing them all year 'round. Of course, I'm not referring to myself. ;)

Thanks Halcyon!

However the link still reads "booklet coming soon". I have found the requirements for each school though--the pdf files are available just before the log in.

Oi. Lotsa questions.

Hmmm the entire manual is there for me. Just they told my adviser the truth about the date :)

Let's see what changed....

I have an account but have no idea if the questions are the same:

1. Why are you applying to Northern Ontario School of Medicine?

2. How have your academic, work and life experiences prepared you for being a student at Northern Ontario School of Medicine and for studying and working in rural, remote and/or northern urban communities?

3. Describe how you are involved in your community.

4. List activities and interests outside academic and work environments not detailed elsewhere in the application

5. Entrance to medical school is highly competitive. What plans have you made in the event that you are not admitted this year (or ever)? Describe any specific actions you have taken as part of this planning

6. From the past 2 years, please give an example of your most enjoyable and productive learning experience.

7. If you answered "Mature Student" for "Type of application" under the supplementary information section. please answer the following. Please describe how your work and life experience contribute to your ability to successfully complete the Medical Program at Northern Ontario School of Medicine.

#8 asks you to specify your high school.

Archived