Premed 101 Forums

New OMSAS Manual

When is a good time to start writing the apps out?
now.

That way you can have most of it done by the time school starts in sept (assuming you're still in UG/masters) and you have enough time to check over your answers and modify your app until you think it's perfect (or as close to perfect as you're going to get).

Whenever you have the time? I have mine completely filled except for one more reference (distance education makes it difficult to find a solid academic ref.).

I know what this like :)

There is plenty of time, but earlier is probably better than later. You don't want to be rushed in this, you would be amazed how many silly spelling/grammar mistakes creep into this applications so you want time to review. I accidentally called myself an junior chief rather than a junior chef, which made one of my interviews interesting.

Yes, solidarity in numbers!

I'm putting an application in NOSM this year Halycon...

Since that 2nd degree rule came into effect and because I lived in a town of 6000 for 18 years I figured I might as well give it a try....

Given that my town was still in Southern Ontario, I may or may not get to meet you at the interviews lol.

Yes, solidarity in numbers!

I'm putting an application in NOSM this year Halycon...

Since that 2nd degree rule came into effect and because I lived in a town of 6000 for 18 years I figured I might as well give it a try....

Given that my town was still in Southern Ontario, I may or may not get to meet you at the interviews lol.

Oh cool! You may as well try for NOSM. Better chances for the OMSAS lotto :P

Even though I wasn't sucessful there, I am so grateful for the MMI /overall interview experience. Plus, I had a great time in T-Bay on my interview weekend.

PM me if you have any questions and/or ask away on the NOSM forum.

:D

Archived