Premed 101 Forums

Calling U Of A Admissions People

I've had little luck with them over e-mail, but the few times I called, someone always answered. You have to remember that lots of people are on vacations this time of year, so the person you are calling might be gone the entire week. Most people put an out of office message on their voicemail greeting, but some forget.

I've had little luck with them over e-mail, but the few times I called, someone always answered. You have to remember that lots of people are on vacations this time of year, so the person you are calling might be gone the entire week. Most people put an out of office message on their voicemail greeting, but some forget.

There is always a receptionist up front.

Odd that nobody is returning your phone calls. Are you certain you are not phoning admissions?

Ok well ive been trying to get ahold of them too, mabey someone here can answere my question. I know uofa requires 1 year where you have taken 30credits/5 FCE september to april inclusive (as on their website). I was wondering whether the 30 credits part OR the 5FCE is more important.

I have 1 year that I took 10 semester long courses (5FCE) that was 29 credits.

I have another year where I took 9 semester courses (4.5FCE) that were 31 credits.

Basically this occured because NOT all the courses at my uni are 3 credits/course. Some are 2credits/course, some are 4credits/course.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows whether either year would work.

Archived