Premed 101 Forums

*** Official 2009-10 Interview Invite Thread for US Schools ***

c17h

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thx Rach! I hope this thread gets flooded with interviews for all of us :)

As for the Why Georgetown essay, I think once you get down to actually writing it, you can finish pretty quickly. I found the website pretty helpful, and the interview feedback sections on SDN are always great.

Guest viscous
1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.

2) Put the name of the school in the "title" box.

3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.

4) In bold, add or find the name of school that sent you an interview invite.

5) Add your username, complete date ©, interview invite (ii) date, interview scheduled (i) date

6) Use this format: username (c: mm/dd, ii: mm/dd, i: mm/dd)

7) Use a comma to separate entries.

8) Click "submit reply"

Case Western: MSB (c: 7/21, ii: 7/27); rmitch8 (c: 7/23, ii: 8/10, i:10/5); deeman101 (c: 7/30, ii: 8/20)

Georgetown: c17h (c: 7/21, ii: 8/3); wrighm6 (c: 7/15, ii: 8/3)

GWU: trickybox (c: 7/26; ii:7/29)

Indiana University: Rach (c:8/3; ii: 8:26)

Jefferson: c17h (c: 7/4, ii: 7/31, i: 9/30); Rach (c:8/4, ii: 8/13); rmitch8 (c: 7/20, ii: 8/13, i: 10/21)

Vanderbilt rmitch8 (c: 7/14, ii: 8/6, i: 9/11); deeman101 (c: 7/3, ii: 8/18)

Virginia Commonwealth rmitch8 (c: 8/19, ii: 8/27, i: 11/2)

Weird timeline on this one.... I was notified on the 25th that my application had been put on hold until march, then 2 days later I get an interview!

how can one know that whether they are complete or not at Vandy since there is no secondary to deal with till the interview?

Click "quote" on the most recent post.

2) Put the name of the school in the "title" box.

3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.

4) In bold, add or find the name of school that sent you an interview invite.

5) Add your username, complete date ©, interview invite (ii) date, interview scheduled (i) date

6) Use this format: username (c: mm/dd, ii: mm/dd, i: mm/dd)

7) Use a comma to separate entries.

8) Click "submit reply"

Case Western: MSB (c: 7/21, ii: 7/27); rmitch8 (c: 7/23, ii: 8/10, i:10/5); deeman101 (c: 7/30, ii: 8/20)

EVMS: wrighm6 (c: ?, ii: 8/31)

Georgetown: c17h (c: 7/21, ii: 8/3); wrighm6 (c: 7/15, ii: 8/3); trickybox (c: 7/30, ii: 8/28, i: 9/28)

Jefferson: c17h (c: 7/4, ii: 7/31, i: 9/30); Rach (c:8/4, ii: 8/13); rmitch8 (c: 7/20, ii: 8/13, i: 10/21)

Vanderbilt: rmitch8 (c: 7/14, ii: 8/6, i: 9/11); deeman101 (c: 7/3, ii: 8/18)

Virginia Commonwealth: rmitch8 (c: 8/19, ii: 8/27, i: 11/2)

I'm really looking forward to this one! I hope to see many of you there!

Congrats wrighm6, I also applied there do you remember when you sent in your sec app.

I received my secondary on July 6, so I probably sent it in within the next few days. I actually have the snail mail complete letter at home, but I'm in Washington DC right now preparing for my interview tomorrow at Georgetown :eek: I can check the postmarked date on it when I get back :D Good luck

It was so relaxed and they were so nice! :D They are very much into honesty and truth, so they told us absolutely everything, including the questions that we were going to be asked prior to the interview. I am second guessing everything I said but I really do hope I get in :o It's such a wonderful school. I hope many of you get interviews there as well!

PS. I'll get you the complete EVMS date tomorrow :P

How/when was yours c17h?

It was so relaxed and they were so nice! :D They are very much into honesty and truth, so they told us absolutely everything, including the questions that we were going to be asked prior to the interview. I am second guessing everything I said but I really do hope I get in :o It's such a wonderful school. I hope many of you get interviews there as well!

PS. I'll get you the complete EVMS date tomorrow :P

Sounds like a good interview experience. :) Were the questions pretty tough (I would imagine they were if they gave them beforehand)? Ethics, healthcare, etc?

Sounds like a good interview experience. :) Were the questions pretty tough (I would imagine they were if they gave them beforehand)? Ethics, healthcare, etc?

Actually no! :eek: It was relaxed and all about describing my experiences, very non-cognitive. There was one difficult ethical question, but it's nothing that you can study for. I found it's more about making a conversation and getting to know if that school's right for you. And I gotta tell you, they made a very good impression on me :P The admissions director told us it's more about us interviewing them than it is about them interviewing us.

Actually no! :eek: It was relaxed and all about describing my experiences, very non-cognitive. There was one difficult ethical question, but it's nothing that you can study for. I found it's more about making a conversation and getting to know if that school's right for you. And I gotta tell you, they made a very good impression on me :P The admissions director told us it's more about us interviewing them than it is about them interviewing us.

Awesome. :) Now I'm REALLY kicking myself for not getting this secondary done sooner!

How/when was yours c17h?

Mine is on September 8 (next Tuesday). I'm a little bit nervous, but what you have said makes me feel better about the process. I will definitely share my experiences once I finish my interview.

Good luck on your EMVS interview!

EVMS: wrighm6 (c: ?, ii: 8/31)

Georgetown: c17h (c: 7/21, ii: 8/3); wrighm6 (c: 7/15, ii: 8/3); trickybox (c: 7/30, ii: 8/28, i: 9/28)

Vanderbilt: rmitch8 (c: 7/14, ii: 8/6, i: 9/11); deeman101 (c: 7/3, ii: 8/18); emcd ( c: 7/30, ii: 9/2)

Virginia Commonwealth: rmitch8 (c: 8/19, ii: 8/27, i: 11/2)

Archived