Premed 101 Forums

Looking for some advice!

Hi everyone!!

I am a graduate with both a BSc and MSc in math, and I've been working for the past 2 years. My main problem is that I am lacking pre-reqs, as I am missing organic chem (full year) and a half year of biology.

My gpa was 3.78 throughout university, and i got P9V11B10 but only N on the written sample in the MCAT.

Last year I applied to NOSM and McMaster, but I didn't get an interview to either.

Volunteer experience is one year in the GI ward/ED at McMaster University, and two years at St. John Ambulance.

Do you guys think I should just apply to NOSM or Mac again, or start taking pre-reqs so I can apply to more schools??

Thanks for the help!

Stephanie

Hi everyone!!

I am a graduate with both a BSc and MSc in math, and I've been working for the past 2 years. My main problem is that I am lacking pre-reqs, as I am missing organic chem (full year) and a half year of biology.

My gpa was 3.78 throughout university, and i got P9V11B10 but only N on the written sample in the MCAT.

Last year I applied to NOSM and McMaster, but I didn't get an interview to either.

Volunteer experience is one year in the GI ward/ED at McMaster University, and two years at St. John Ambulance.

Do you guys think I should just apply to NOSM or Mac again, or start taking pre-reqs so I can apply to more schools??

Thanks for the help!

Stephanie

Yeah do again you can (particularly if it is as simple as taking some prereqs, even if it is part time/Distance education etc) to open up more schools you can apply to. Your MCAT shows some promise for sure, but you are little low for a few important cut offs. If I was you I would rewrite that at some point in the future.

and as future_doc is saying you should apply again :) Applying more and at more schools just increases your chances of getting in.

take pre reqs to apply to more schools

rewrite the mcat because that score won't get you anywhere

keep applying.

and apply to way more schools than that, because every school has their own weight in terms of GPA, MCAT, and ECs and each would evaluate you differently,

Archived