Premed 101 Forums

Essays?

I am filling out the online applciation.. and I have noticed that there aren't any essays. There doesn't seem to be any mention of one... they don't require any essays? (I am guessing thats why OPPs have 2-year averages of 88-90%)?

There are none. Last year the OOP cut off was just about 92% which follows the pattern over the last while. It really is a pretty simple application :)

HOly cow!

My best two years only amount to 88%. I doubt I should even consider applying.... well it is a simple application so who knows.

The high average is the only real OOP barrier. The cut off hasn't been below 90% is many years though - still it is just one school -

Nice job on the 88% average by the way, your likely competitive at a lot of places :) Good luck!

What does 92% translate into in terms of a GPA out of 4.0? My shool has letter grades nt percentages.

is 3.9 = 90%?

Email the admissions office and ask for a grade conversion for your school. I emailed USask and told where I go to undergrad and that I only have letter grades. They emailed me back 3 days later and told me exactly what percent each letter grade for my school corresponds to. The conversion's different depending on where you go to school.

Archived