Premed 101 Forums

Worst nightmare

bj89

I'm assuming the worst.

Just 20 minutes ago, I logged onto my OMSAS account to check a verifier number. Logging in was successful. Then I clicked on the "Sketch" section, expecting to see the 29 items I spent weeks putting together.

-No information provided-

At this point, I'm freaking out. I check my MAC submissions.

"You must choose McMaster as an application choice before viewing the school submission"

Everythings gone. Everything important at least. My sketch is gone, my mac submission is gone, ottawa pre-req submission gone, referee information gone (and i've already gave out all 3 CAFs). I really dont know WHAT the **** is going on and i'm extremely worried. I think my account may have been hacked, because only the important portions of the application were deleted - my personal information and questions are still there.

Is there a possibility that some sort of server error occured, or can OMSAS can restore my submissions? I really don't think I have the heart to re-do my entire sketch and wording, MAC questions, and university info with only 9 days left, and a full course load to handle. :(

edit: I'll be calling them first thing in the morning.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm assuming the worst.

Just 20 minutes ago, I logged onto my OMSAS account to check a verifier number. Logging in was successful. Then I clicked on the "Sketch" section, expecting to see the 29 items I spent weeks putting together.

"You must choose McMaster as an application choice before viewing the school submission"

Everythings gone. Everything important at least. My sketch is gone, my mac submission is gone, ottawa pre-req submission gone, referee information gone (and i've already gave out all 3 CAFs). I really dont know WHAT the **** is going on and i'm extremely worried. I think my account may have been hacked, because only the important portions of the application were deleted - my personal information and questions are still there.

Is there a possibility that some sort of server error occured, or can OMSAS can restore my submissions? I really don't think I have the heart to re-do my entire sketch and wording, MAC questions, and university info with only 9 days left, and a full course load to handle. :(

you don't have a copy on your HD?

I'm assuming the worst.

Hate to be the jackass here but i do hope everything works out. If it doesn't, find your bloody heart and suck it up. You've done this once, alot of this should be floating around in your head somewhere. It wont be that bad worst case. Mentally get ready for the worst and dig deep. Fall behind in your classes and life or whatever, you can likely make tht up right after app time. Gluck tomorrow but get ready for go time

just two cents from a jackass

EDIT: ok ok, i actually dont mind being the jackass....

Hate to be the jackass here but i do hope everything works out. If it doesn't, find your bloody heart and suck it up. You've done this once, alot of this should be floating around in your head somewhere. It wont be that bad worst case. Mentally get ready for the worst and dig deep. Fall behind in your classes and life or whatever, you can likely make tht up right after app time. Gluck tomorrow but get ready for go time

just two cents from a jackass

EDIT: ok ok, i actually dont mind being the jackass....

actually after settling down and contemplating the situation, it wouldn't be so bad sitting down for a couple hours and re-doing my sketch and mac questions (worst case scenerio). it would be pretty greedy of me to just give up so easily after having had my referees go through the trouble of writing a LOR for me too. thankfully im not done my UT PS yet but i do have a copy of that! time to hope for the best tomorrow

I'm assuming the worst.

I'm guessing you didn't save it somewhere else as you were writing this all? In other words, you typed everything directly into OMSAS?

:(

I'm really hoping they can help you with this. Med school applications are stressful enough!

should we start working on it or will that screw it up even more?
If you didn't have a back up, you can always start working on it in Word. That way, if OMSAS fixes it, you didn't mess anything up. And if they don't fix it, you can just copy & paste. That's what I would do anyways...

Hope you all get this problem sorted out.

Archived