Premed 101 Forums

Date for McGill Interviews

malkynn said she heard 2 weeks after the interview last year

where are YOU getting your date from...when did she "tell everyone mid-april?" on interview day?

Where are you guys pulling these dates from. She told everyone mid-April.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malkynn said she heard 2 weeks after the interview last year

where are YOU getting your date from...when did she "tell everyone mid-april?" on interview day?

This is exactly what she said. I would trust an admissions officer over someone here. You can call her if you don't believe me.

when i was there it seemed like everyone "knew" the offers would be given out starting next week. i didn't hear this directly from mcgill but apparently they asked them? so I trusted them...

also when i talked to the dental students it seemd like most heard back within 2-3 weeks and some in 4 days...

according to posts from last yr though OOPs seem to have heard exactly 1 month after their interviews.

so 4 days to 1 month...

hence mid april sounds really late to me

when I got off the bus after taking the tour of the hospital the woman who came with us (I assume it was Mrs. Bassett) said that she personally would be calling all accepted applicants to offer them admission as early as 2 weeks from the interview date. however, I have heard that it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks

I'm sure you realize that calling someone "delusional" is going to come off as incredibly aggressive.

Congrats that you felt your interview went well, I felt really good about my interview too. However, I know many people in our program who got in after they felt their interview went terribly.

I also remember 2 d-bags who came out of the interviews beaming, saying that they rocked it, and neither of them are in our class this year.

Sure, aclementine may have generalized about everyone feeling nervous after interview, but how you feel afterward isn't a very good indicator of acceptance.

ok fair enough, I'm sorry if I offended you aclementine, or anyone else. I hope I don't fall into the "2 d-bag" category :cool:

As for when you will hear:

I definitely don't know when you will get your answers.

However, I can tell you that last year Patricia told us to expect a call "in about 3 weeks" and I received my call exactly 2 weeks after my interview.

I'm pretty sure that last year only accepted students got phone calls. I think that everyone else heard in April. This could be the same this year, which may explain the difference in perceived response dates.

Again, the only thing I know for sure is what my experience was, which was 2 weeks. Others may have been called later than that.

Hopefully you guys will hear sooner rather than later.

This was probably what she was referring to then.

a bunch of IP students got accepted today via phonecall. don't think i made it as i havn't heard anything yet. anyone know what happens now? do i automatically get waitlisted i guess?

r u serious?! did u hear from ur friends? do u know any OOPs?

well i don't know if they call all acceptances in one day. maybe wait till next week?

r u serious?! did u hear from ur friends? do u know any OOPs?

well i don't know if they call all acceptances in one day. maybe wait till next week?

yes i heard from my friends and saw it on facebook..a couple of them got phone calls. sorry don't know any OOP's

I know someone IP who also got accepted today by phone. It is possible that she didn't do all of the calls though seeing as no one on the forum seems to have gotten a call yet which is kinda weird.

Don't freak out yet... and yes all that don't get in are automatically ranked and wait-listed. I'm not sure whether they will give you your rank or not.

I don't think my status changed right away, but I can't remember. It changes to accept or decline offer but I don't know how soon it happens.

my minerva still says 'ready for review'. i'm pretty sure she called all the IP people today..so kinda bummed out. hoping for a high spot on the waitlist at this point..and yes i think they do tell you your rank.

I'm oop, I got a call today from Patricia, got in! I'll be dropping my U of T interview and declining U of Penn so hopefully those spots go to someone who really wants them! Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!! When did you get the call today???

I'm oop, I got a call today from Patricia, got in! I'll be dropping my U of T interview and declining U of Penn so hopefully those spots go to someone who really wants them! Good luck everyone!

approximately what time did u get ur call? do u know any other OOP getting a call today?

how come so little ppl r posting here about this...i really hope they haven't called out everyone yet arg.....

Archived