Premed 101 Forums

Date for McGill Interviews

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh dear...so it means they are out............

Whoever got an interview, can you tell us ur stats (gpa,bachelors,masters etc..)..... where do you all live??

lol cant u tell im freaking out

montreal. have a 3.57. dats were 21/21/19. doing my masters in dental science at mcgill now..

congrats to all the IP ppl who got an interview!

are most ppl going to the get together? im still deciding whether to go becuz i have an early interview

also, someone on here mentioned that the post interview weighting was 50% gpa, 40% interview and 10% dat. i think mcgill confirmed that the DAT scores arent considered for 2010 post interview though. so are we thinking 50% GPA and 50% interview?

I liked and also hated how everyone there was just soooo friendly. the applicants, the students, the staff and I almost felt like as if this was an orientation day rather than an interview day. They treated me (and other applicants as well) as if we were already accepted or probably going to (because they made it seem like we have a veryyyy good chance of getting in which I know isn't true) so they kinda kept distoring the truth!!! I had to make sure I don't fall into this and realize the fierce competition there still exists and hence I tried to do my best still and not be overly confident. Nevertheless, I think it's gonna be difficult for me to swallow if I don't get in because of all this. Overall though, the interview was okay I have no idea how it went but I don't think I could have done much differently. It was a traditional interview with expected questions and nothing extraordinary. I had fun meeting everyone there! It was fun really =)

Now waiting begins again...

I sort of agree with Dr. Pepper, it's like they lull you into a false sense of security and then I got pretty uptight interviewers so it was such a werid transition....Oh well...

i almost felt like the interviewers were too nice and friendly, not what i was expecting

i didnt really get asked any tricky or hard questions and it was mostly just a friendly lighthearted conversation so i dont know what to make of it .... anyone else have this experience?

I liked and also hated how everyone there was just soooo friendly.

I sort of agree with Dr. Pepper, it's like they lull you into a false sense of security and then I got pretty uptight interviewers so it was such a werid transition....Oh well...

i almost felt like the interviewers were too nice and friendly, not what i was expecting

I guess you have to be unfriendly and uptight right from the beginning so you don't throw off other candidates like Dr Pepper, and so you don't feel a large change before and during the interview unlike harlow and iDent, HAHAHAHAHA

From what I know, the interview teams are quite a bit different, so that makes it even more challenging to know how it went.

I loved my interview, but other current students said they didn't feel very confident after.

malkynn: Does the same interview team work on both days?

Also, Does anyone you know how many ppl they interviewed today?

malkynn: Does the same interview team work on both days?

Also, Does anyone you know how many ppl they interviewed today?

I would be interested in finding this out as well.

Also, how did the interviews today go in general? Did you guys think it was bad as what OOPs have experienced?

I would be interested in finding this out as well.

Also, how did the interviews today go in general? Did you guys think it was bad as what OOPs have experienced?

aclementine... congrats on gettin into penn! don't worry about cdn schools, if u wanna spec US schools are the place to be... esp penn

The OOPs said that people were too nice, I think describing that as "bad" is a little bit of an overstatement! lol

also, congrats!

lol

im sure youve answered this before but malkynn, how long did you wait to hear results?

Archived