Premed 101 Forums

Date for McGill Interviews

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for this "passport sized photo" is anyone actually getting a passport pic taken lol or are most people just bringing in a cropped pic they already have of themselves

haha i m def not spending 20 bucks or so to get that...prob just print one or crop or something...

may i ask, is med ur first choice or dent? plz say med!!! ;)

Hey guys! I do agree, not many McGill students are on this forum. Im IP and I didnt get an invitation yet. I was told by my friends that invites are sent out later this week (Mid February is what it says on their website). They told me that this year the IP and OOP are interviewed together. I see that some of you already have their interviews, I'm expecting mine as well but I haven't gotten it yet. Nor do I know anyone here at McGill that has gotten theirs. I am a VP at McGill Pre-dental society and I dont know any IP who has been invited for interviews. Let's just keep waiting because at this point, the matter is not in our hands.

Good luck everyone!

finally got an email reply from Ms Palumbo lol

"Although your grades are very good, those selected for an interview had higher grades. Possibly you may have been missing some of the required sciences. Decisions are based on grades and course selection.

Good luck in your studies.

Regards,

Maria Palumbo"

i'm finishing some chemistry prereqs now, which would explain my missing sciences...and my 4year degree cgpa of 3.70 was basically too low to earn an interview i guess! i didn't know they ignored your DATs until after interview? interesting eh

just thought i'd share ;)

Is there anyone in 3rd year who got an invite?

I might be confusing schools... but doesn't McGill require completion of a 4-year degree?

EDIT: Yep.. straight from their site: "Applicants must have received an undergraduate degree or be in the final year of a course of study at a recognized college or university in a program leading to an undergraduate degree consisting of 120 credits over eight semesters following completion of high school."

Hopefully you didn't ask this question because you applied in third year.. that would suck!

Haha yeah I'm in 3rd year and I applied.... but Ms. Palumbo called me (when she was calculating my GPA... probably thought I was hiding something lol) about me being in 3rd year and I told her that I receive a general science degree after 3 years from my university... she said I would still be eligible. I just sent her an e-mail asking her if my short transcript was a factor in their decision.

Ooh I see.. that's good then!! You are unique heheh :) It's good that you have confirmation that you are eligible too!

Haha yeah I'm in 3rd year and I applied.... but Ms. Palumbo called me (when she was calculating my GPA... probably thought I was hiding something lol) about me being in 3rd year and I told her that I receive a general science degree after 3 years from my university... she said I would still be eligible. I just sent her an e-mail asking her if my short transcript was a factor in their decision.

Oh really you were still considered eligible...I ended up getting a 3 year general this year too, wish I would have applied there now lol.

if you read in the past years' posts, they don't send out rejections at the same time as they send out interviews.

and I don't think the status on minerva ever changes to "interview"

i think it goes straigth to accepted or waitlisted if i remember correctly.

i dont even know if it ever changes to "rejected"

Archived