Premed 101 Forums

Date for McGill Interviews

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UMM...

what is with people receiving the 'first email' from western?

I haven't received anything so far.

Does it go to your email address??

why is this related to mcgill...

and fyi i think the first email is referring to the auto reply from OUAC after u submit ur online applicatio.

man, the more i think about last week's interview, the more uneasy i get...i am constantly remembering more parts of the interview and i keep thinkin i shouldnt have said what i had said...

lol that's EXACTLY how i feel .... :(

all i can remember are things i feel like i shouldn't have said .....sigh

man, the more i think about last week's interview, the more uneasy i get...i am constantly remembering more parts of the interview and i keep thinkin i shouldnt have said what i had said...
lol that's EXACTLY how i feel .... :(

all i can remember are things i feel like i shouldn't have said .....sigh

That's amazing you guys still remember your answers. I don't even remember anymore, it was such a blur for me. It happens to a lot of people, and it might just be a case of overthinking afterthefact. What are the kind of things that concern you right now?

That's amazing you guys still remember your answers. I don't even remember anymore, it was such a blur for me. It happens to a lot of people, and it might just be a case of overthinking afterthefact. What are the kind of things that concern you right now?

i felt mine went fine..but i was a little worried that it was only about 12 minutes long. 15 max! although i was the last interview of the day and one of the faculty members already knew me..so i got the vibe that they liked me and just felt like ending it and getting to lunch. i was def more nervous than i would have liked though..my voice was trembling a bit at first when they asked me why dentistry!!

i felt mine went fine..but i was a little worried that it was only about 12 minutes long. 15 max! although i was the last interview of the day and one of the faculty members already knew me..so i got the vibe that they liked me and just felt like ending it and getting to lunch. i was def more nervous than i would have liked though..my voice was trembling a bit at first when they asked me why dentistry!!

Mine was only about 10-12 mins long too, though I didn't get the vibe that they liked or disliked me.

you're SOOO lucky!!!

most of it does seem like a blur to me as well... but im worried that for some of my answers, i didn't expand/explain myself well enough. for example, there was a question about something from my autiobio that i gave such a short, blunt answer to... when i could've said a LOTTTTT more. :( lol damn nervesss.... got in the way of so many of my answers.

i know there's nothing i can do about it now... but i just can't help thinking about it and all the improvements i could've made... :confused:

Did everyone get an email this morning? I misread the subject as "Sorry about your....." FML.

LOL yes I got that e-mail and I was about to go crazy even before reading that part because I thought e-mail = rejected/waitlisted and phone call = accepted from mcgill. and I have not received any phone call yet. so as soon as I saw the email was from Mcgill, I thought about only one thing...REJECTION...PHEW!!!

i'm sure it scared more than just the two of us hahaha

most of it does seem like a blur to me as well... but im worried that for some of my answers, i didn't expand/explain myself well enough. for example, there was a question about something from my autiobio that i gave such a short, blunt answer to... when i could've said a LOTTTTT more. :( lol damn nervesss.... got in the way of so many of my answers.

i know there's nothing i can do about it now... but i just can't help thinking about it and all the improvements i could've made... :confused:

Hey kjys, I think everyone feels this way too. I think it's because we overthink our interview performance too much afterwards. We all think we could have done better. Why? Because we've spent several days thinking how we could have done better, whereas in the interview situation, you only have a few minutes to answer something.

However, you have to realize that EVERYONE also has a few minutes to answer these questions as well, so EVERYONE will think they have missed something here and there. Stay positive :)

Did everyone get an email this morning? I misread the subject as "Sorry about your....." FML.

Hahaha, thats kinda funny.

"sorry about your interview...but you bombed it. give up. go home."

Im sure we'll be hearing within the next few weeks. Is it by phonecall or email?

@ aclementine: I think you are being delusional, because this is wishful thinking. I could tell the interviewers were really interested in me. Personally, I felt really good about my interview even after looking back. Good luck anyways. :rolleyes:

hey dents2014,

r u IP? did u go on Tuesday?

@ aclementine: I think you are being delusional, because this is wishful thinking. I could tell the interviewers were really interested in me. Personally, I felt really good about my interview even after looking back. Good luck anyways. :rolleyes:

What's the point of your post? It's after interviews, maybe if you're trying to be rude and psych people out, you should have thought of that before the interviews

i thought people asked them and didnt' they say they r going to let us know in the week of march 15?

so DAT scores don't count for anything now? i have a feeling the letters of recommendation and personal essay count for more than we think. there's only so much they can garner from that 15 minute interview where i'm sure most applicants did a fine job representing themselves..

Hey kjys, I think everyone feels this way too. I think it's because we overthink our interview performance too much afterwards. We all think we could have done better. Why? Because we've spent several days thinking how we could have done better, whereas in the interview situation, you only have a few minutes to answer something.

However, you have to realize that EVERYONE also has a few minutes to answer these questions as well, so EVERYONE will think they have missed something here and there. Stay positive :)

What's the point of your post? It's after interviews, maybe if you're trying to be rude and psych people out, you should have thought of that before the interviews

I was merely sharing my experience to show that aclementine's attempt to make others feel better doesn't actually reflect the experience of "EVERYONE"

Whats everyone thinking. Next Monday?

Also anyone get confirmation on the post interview weighting now that the DAT is out of the equation this year?

i thought people asked them and didnt' they say they r going to let us know in the week of march 15?

Where are you guys pulling these dates from. She told everyone mid-April.

Archived