Premed 101 Forums

Date for McGill Interviews

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe that's a good thing because mine changed to waitlisted as well ...

and it asked me to "confirm" that...

and when i asked patricia she said they r not giving out positions ...!??! wtf...

really? they usually tell u which spot you're in! i'm going to go to her office monday and get the 411

Theres unusually few ppl here who posted that said were accepted in fact only 1... Isnt that kinda weird? I thought premed usually has more than this numer of qualified ppl... N im amazed to see all of i incl me are waitlisted.

I dunno why patricia isnt telling me my waitlist position ...

Theres unusually few ppl here who posted that said were accepted in fact only 1... Isnt that kinda weird? I thought premed usually has more than this numer of qualified ppl... N im amazed to see all of i incl me are waitlisted.

well they interviewed around 35 people for 10-12 OPP spots, more than 66% of us who got interviews are rejected/waitlisted so it's not surprising we see more posts about being waitlisted than about being accepted.

Dr Pepper when did you call Patricia to ask for your spot?

Didnt these just go up today??

they have changed a lot of things this year.. ie. not using DAT in final decisions, inteviews not in january, maybe theyre not giving out waitlist spots too

waitlisted as well.

I actually emailed her this morning and she said I'm on the waitlist but she's not allowed to tell me my position. She also said that the waitlist didn't move for OOP last year and therefore she can't tell me how good my chances are. Congratz to all those who got in though! :D

On the bright side, I suppose I won't need to touch up on my French this summer, haha.

waitlisted as well.

I actually emailed her this morning and she said I'm on the waitlist but she's not allowed to tell me my position. She also said that the waitlist didn't move for OOP last year and therefore she can't tell me how good my chances are. Congratz to all those who got in though! :D

On the bright side, I suppose I won't need to touch up on my French this summer, haha.

That's odd, I talked to a first year at the get-together and he said that someone got accepted in september off the waitlist because a person from Florida decided to suddenly stay in the US.

That's odd, I talked to a first year at the get-together and he said that someone got accepted in september off the waitlist because a person from Florida decided to suddenly stay in the US.

Actually, the person was from Boston and was interviewed as IP.

Dr Pepper when did you call Patricia to ask for your spot?

Didnt these just go up today??

they have changed a lot of things this year.. ie. not using DAT in final decisions, inteviews not in january, maybe theyre not giving out waitlist spots too

i have emailed her immediately after i saw my status.

and surprisingly i got a reply back immediately as well.

the thing was that she told me she can't tell me the spot, and neither would it serve useful because waitlist doesn't usually move so she basically told me to give up for this yr.............................................................

maybe it's just me, maybe shes telling me im at the bottom of the list...and hence waitlist number isn't useful

i have emailed her immediately after i saw my status.

and surprisingly i got a reply back immediately as well.

the thing was that she told me she can't tell me the spot, and neither would it serve useful because waitlist doesn't usually move so she basically told me to give up for this yr.............................................................

maybe it's just me, maybe shes telling me im at the bottom of the list...and hence waitlist number isn't useful

Hmmmm Dr. Pepper, did she ask for your name after you asked her for your waitlist position? If not you might be ok. Otherwise, I got to say, this is some sketchy business.

Archived