Premed 101 Forums

Interview for UofT and Western

oh i see that you got a totally different email haha...let me paste a little exerpt from mine...

"...your application was just not competitive with the candidates who have been invited this year for an interview. A few numbers of note for you; the average GPA of the candidates invited for an interview was 3.85/4.00 and the average on the DAT test was 21 on the Academic Average and 21 on the PAT.

We realize this outcome will be a disappointment for you. Each year, however, the Faculty of Dentistry receives many applications for the 64 positions in our First Year Class. This year was no exception. Since the number of applications greatly exceeds the limited number of places that are available to entering students, the competition is very stiff. As a result, the Admission Committee can only offer interviews to the most qualified applicants based on the selection criteria published in our DDS admission documents (i.e. academic achievement, DAT scores, and other relevant information). If you require further information please contact the Admissions Office at the numbers and/or email address listed below..."

cool, so i guess they do have an 'interview waitlist'? i'm not expecting one myself...but hopefully some ppl get an interview off this waitlist!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, guys. I also got an Interview inviting on 27th.

But the problem is that I also got a same day interview invitation from U of

Saskatchewan.

Is there any way that i can move the U of T interview to the next day?

thanks for the post. yea looks like we got a completely different e-mail

it also seems like the numbers are up from last year for both DAT and GPA

oh man =/

GPA average is around the same (3.83 last year). DAT is slightly higher (20 and 20 last year).

GPA average is around the same (3.83 last year). DAT is slightly higher (20 and 20 last year).

Does anyone know if U of T drops your worst year if you are graduating (in 4th year now). Even though they don't have your 4th year marks, does this mean they would use your 2 best years from years 1-3 (assuming that your most recent is not your worst)?

If so, that really sucks cause I have a 3.78 GPA for my best 2 years, and 21/21 for the DAT cutoffs, I must have just missed the interview list or something...

Does anyone know if U of T drops your worst year if you are graduating (in 4th year now). Even though they don't have your 4th year marks, does this mean they would use your 2 best years from years 1-3 (assuming that your most recent is not your worst)?

If so, that really sucks cause I have a 3.78 GPA for my best 2 years, and 21/21 for the DAT cutoffs, I must have just missed the interview list or something...

They don't let you drop your LAST COMPLETED academic year...so if your 3rd year marks suck you can't drop them. It sucks really because why should it matter whether it's your last completed academic year or first year...kinda defeats the purpose of "best two academic years" policy.

They don't let you drop your LAST COMPLETED academic year...so if your 3rd year marks suck you can't drop them. It sucks really because why should it matter whether it's your last completed academic year or first year...kinda defeats the purpose of "best two academic years" policy.

It's my second year marks in question. so they must have used my first and third, which comes out to 3.78.

And several schools do that, they want to see that you have improved. Similar to the DAT, where some schools take your best DAT, some schools take your most recent scores.

purplehaze89, you have excellent use of vocabulary, moving on...

Is Toronto a cut-off school? I'm above the GPA and DAT averages, and didn't get an interview. How exactly do they calculate GPA?

I think they calculate GPA the same way. Are you sure you had all your prerequisite courses?

wohoo..finally an interview from UoT..its on the 28th...this means i ll interview at sask then fly to toronto at night..then bus it back to ottawa..holy damn this is going to be nuts.

By the way ..what the hell is this exam about after the interview...1 hour written test!!!!

wohoo..finally an interview from UoT..its on the 28th...this means i ll interview at sask then fly to toronto at night..then bus it back to ottawa..holy damn this is going to be nuts.

By the way ..what the hell is this exam about after the interview...1 hour written test!!!!

It is not written, it is a multiple choice personality test and it seems they are going the computer-based route this time around. It is nothing serious, I wouldn't worry about it.

but whats the content? what are they testing us on? DAT stuff? Interview situations stuff?

It's a personality test. Don't worry about it, just put answers according to how you feel about the statement.

E.g. I like to be the center of attention at parties.

Fill in a choice from Highly disagree to Highly agree. One hour worth of similar items.

That's it, nothing big to worry about.

Yah it really isn't anything to sweat over. The key is to be consistent. It's like 200 questions so similar themed questions come up again and if you're always inconsistent that may be a bad sign ...

However I've never heard of anyone failing to get in because of 'failing' the personality test (tho then again, I guess I wouldn't know them lol)

Rejected =( Met the 3.85 GPA, but my DAT scores weren't too great - 18 and 18 (AA and PAT)

How do you know there's a waitlist?

There's a wait list for people AFTER the interview.

I'm not sure if there's a wait list to get an interview though.

Does anyone know whether they keep a separate pool for IP and OOP?

I know they have max 10% limit for OOP but seems like they combined them all for interviews...

Yes they have a select # of spots for OOP; 10% sounds about right judging by the people in my class. And yes, we're all interviewed during similar times though it seems like the OOP get notices earlier.

BTW, IP U of T hasn't been sent out to my knowledge.

Yes they have a select # of spots for OOP; 10% sounds about right judging by the people in my class. And yes, we're all interviewed during similar times though it seems like the OOP get notices earlier.

BTW, IP U of T hasn't been sent out to my knowledge.

I'm IP and I got the invite today for the 27th

Invited! ... march 28th..

the same time as my NOSM interview in sudbury! ....

darn.. anyone ever deal with UofT in terms of how they accommodate..

anyone on the 27th feel like switching to the 28th? it would be REALLY appreciated.

Hey, my interview is 27th and i also has other interview on the same day.

If U of T allow to switch the interview date, I hope to change with you.

How can I contact to you ? my cell phone number is 416 909 5599

Archived