Premed 101 Forums

Interview for UofT and Western

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Invited! ... march 28th..

the same time as my NOSM interview in sudbury! ....

darn.. anyone ever deal with UofT in terms of how they accommodate..

anyone on the 27th feel like switching to the 28th? it would be REALLY appreciated.

applying to medicine AND dentistry = LAME.

life lesson #1: always cover ur ass

life lesson #2: dont give up on your ambitions. nobody wants a dentist who's only a dentist because they didn't get into medical school. (and vice versa). besides the fact that you'd probably make a crappier dentist, that's just plain pathetic.

life lesson #2: dont give up on your ambitions. nobody wants a dentist who's only a dentist because they didn't get into medical school. (and vice versa). besides the fact that you'd probably make a crappier dentist, that's just plain pathetic.

life lesson #3: don't assume that everyone has their career ambitions sorted out even if you think that you have.

...IMO, dentistry is a branch of medicine. Hence, I dont see the conflict.

HUGE misconception... just because someone does something that is not their first choice, does not mean that they will be bad at it. there are many fantastic doctors who may not have the "passion" for medicine that every premed talks about. passion does not equal skill. just as there are many investment bankers who hate what they do (who really wants to work 100 hr weeks???) but they are good at what they do, and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

i'm sure i can find a ton of predents who have the passion for teeth (ur kiddin right??) who will be ****ty dentists. grow up and get out of ur fictional reality.

HUGE misconception... just because someone does something that is not their first choice, does not mean that they will be bad at it. there are many fantastic doctors who may not have the "passion" for medicine that every premed talks about. passion does not equal skill. just as there are many investment bankers who hate what they do (who really wants to work 100 hr weeks???) but they are good at what they do, and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

i'm sure i can find a ton of predents who have the passion for teeth (ur kiddin right??) who will be ****ty dentists. grow up and get out of ur fictional reality.

Nicely put!

very well said!

life lessen #4 if u cant get into med school or dents, stop ****ting about dentists n try to suck ur own penis.

A lot of great people in their professions went into them almost blindly, not knowing what to expect. Some end up miserable, some extremely happy. It's always good to know what you want to do, but being bold and willing to try something you didn't fully plan on doing...well, isn't that what life is all about?

Well said.

Archived