Premed 101 Forums

The Official "Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics" Thread

NewfieMike

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, we mentioned Jamie Gregg the speedskater for interviewing later at Calgary..... but has anyone looked at his dad Randy Greg.

Did Medicine at UofA while playing for their hockey team. Did so well in University hockey that the Rangers offered him a contract, he turned it down to play for the Canadian Olympic Hockey Team in 1980 in Lake Placid, NY. (When hockey used to be amateurs only.) Then he signed with the Edmonton Oilers, had a good career (5 stanley cup rings) and upon retiring, went back and did his residency in family medicine and now deals with sports medicine in Edmonton.

Jamie (8th at the 500m long track) and his daughter Jessica (4th at the 1000m short track) haven't accomplished much when you compare them to super dad lol.

What a freakishly talented family.

I did. I liked his performance. He was smooth. I think the best comment went something like this: reporter: That was a brilliant performance. Him: It was okay. LMAO.

Ugh. I hate Plushenko. He has amazing jumps..... and that's it. He has ZERO artistry. Wait. I lied. He waves his arms to distract you from the fact that his feet are not moving. I really hope someone (in fact... 3 people.. don't care who) knock him off his high horse. What a co**y jerk. haha.

Yes, Plushenko was 'smooth' but that was because he did not do much more except the required elements in his program :/ He is a well known skating personality and I am not surprised one bit at his comments, he's pretty 'self-confident' (how's that for PC response?? lol).

The gold medal in men's figure skating is up for grabs...less than a point differentiates between three great skates on Tuesday night. Throw in some Olympic jitters and some excellent programs from lower ranked competitors on Thursday, and suddenly anything can happen. I can't wait!!!:D

Haha... glad another person in the sport agrees at Plushenko's lack of everything but jumps. I was stoked in 2002 when Yagudin kicked his butt :)

Who are you pulling for to win it all? I'm hoping Lambiel rocks the long and kicks butt. I love his artistry. And his jumps are amazing. He's like the perfect skater for the new system- he's got amazing coreography AND he can do the jumps with it (like yesterday... his Program Component score was 51ish and Plushenko's was like 39. Ha! Who's the better skater! lol.. If he can rock the long program.. he really has a shot). That's a true skater. I also hope that Lysachek and.. Takahashi beat Plushenko. Just so Plushenko's ego can deflate a little.

I'm really hoping that Johnny Weir chokes and pukes again. I really do not like his skating style at all. Hopefully Patrick Chan can pull ahead of him.

Haha, we mentioned Jamie Gregg the speedskater for interviewing later at Calgary..... but has anyone looked at his dad Randy Greg.

Did Medicine at UofA while playing for their hockey team. Did so well in University hockey that the Rangers offered him a contract, he turned it down to play for the Canadian Olympic Hockey Team in 1980 in Lake Placid, NY. (When hockey used to be amateurs only.) Then he signed with the Edmonton Oilers, had a good career (5 stanley cup rings) and upon retiring, went back and did his residency in family medicine and now deals with sports medicine in Edmonton.

Jamie (8th at the 500m long track) and his daughter Jessica (4th at the 1000m short track) haven't accomplished much when you compare them to super dad lol.

What a freakishly talented family.

Did you hear the commentator say that Jamie had a med school interview at U of C next month? LOL

I can't believe how bad Joubert did. He really choked under the pressure.

On a different note... why are win in OT with SWITZERLAND?! Do they even have an NHLer on their team??? We should have been dominating that game!!

You must not be a hockey fan. Canada lost to Switzerland in 06 2-0.

Go Switzerland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not men's figure skating if you don't do the quad.....

just saying.

Haha... don't go Plushenko on me. I'd rather see no quad and quality skating rather than Plushenko's "artistry" if you can call it that.... haha

Chan had a great skate except for the fall.

Lysachek though... wow! I hope he beats Plushenko!!!! :D

Or Lambiel... but he hasn't skated yet..

Archived