Premed 101 Forums

The Official "Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics" Thread

NewfieMike

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still disappointed that the games aren't on CBC and I can't stand this MuchMusic/MTV/gossip garbage - but I really like flipping between CTV, SportsNet and TSN to watch everything.

Man, Canadian male figure skaters usually falter at the Olympics. Maybe Chan can skate the program of his life on Thursday?

Did anyone catch that article on Nordic skier, Jason Myslicki, who has self funded the majority of his international career? Super inspiring, regardless of what place he came in...

:)

Everyone's falling and screwing up in the Men's short skate today.

What are you talking about, Law? There were several brilliant skates. My personal favorites were Lysachek (USA) and Takahashi (JPN)...I am thrilled that they are so close to the top.

In other news...it was definitely not Patrick Chan's day :( However, he still has an opportunity to make up huge points in the Free Program. Stay tuned on Thursday night!!!!

Oh Law, did you watch ALL of the snowboarding yesterday? Man, they were falling like apples from a tree. Every one of them. LOL. I was like "What is going on?!" The fog didn't help the circumstances either.

You know what is really bugging me? The fact that they're so disorganized. I've watched now 4 days of straight Olympics and they're continuously trying to cancel some rounds. :rolleyes: Just wait till the weather clears. For example, yesterday they were going to cancel 2nd qualifying round in snowboarding cross. The first couple of snowboarders that went in the 1st round didn't have to deal with that much fog. The rest did and it affected their scores. And they wanted to cancel that second round?!?!?!?! :eek: I almost had a heart attack.

On a side note, Germany is leading with 9 medals..... ahead of USA. ahem...

Did anyone else catch Plushenko's comment yesterday: "Without the quad it's not men's figure skating."

I'm sure he's loving the new judging formula (sarcasm), but he did set the olympic record, so I guess that counts for something.

I did. I liked his performance. He was smooth. I think the best comment went something like this: reporter: That was a brilliant performance. Him: It was okay. LMAO.

Yeah, Patrick Chan did not impress me, definitely not his best skate. Crosby,Nash, and Iginla are extreme fire power for our Canadian team. Shea Weber was something as well. I'm going to have to go with the women's hockey team though. 18-0, 10-1, and currently 12-0 against Sweden.

GO CANADA GO!

I did. I liked his performance. He was smooth. I think the best comment went something like this: reporter: That was a brilliant performance. Him: It was okay. LMAO.

Yes, Plushenko was 'smooth' but that was because he did not do much more except the required elements in his program :/ He is a well known skating personality and I am not surprised one bit at his comments, he's pretty 'self-confident' (how's that for PC response?? lol).

The gold medal in men's figure skating is up for grabs...less than a point differentiates between three great skates on Tuesday night. Throw in some Olympic jitters and some excellent programs from lower ranked competitors on Thursday, and suddenly anything can happen. I can't wait!!!:D

Archived