Premed 101 Forums

The Official "Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics" Thread

NewfieMike

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad Lysachek won over Plushenko (and that Chan beat Wier!). Just goes to show you that better quality landings (Plushenko's were not as smooth as usual) and some connecting steps go a long way! :)

Chan had a good finish! Too bad he fell on the axel- he might have had 4th!

proved wrong I guess....

man I don't get the judges hating so hard on johnny.

Hmmm... well his Program components are lacking a lot. And in a relatively conservative sport, pushing boundaries isn't always a good thing. Especially the boundaries he seems to like pushing.

But that's just a guess...

Well that was entertaining - Team Canada vs Jonas Hiller..err Switzerland

lol, I know. Pretty damn ridiculous.

Great Britain 0 0 0 0

ahhhhh that's why they are bit.ching about the olympics.....

What an embarrassing stat. Let's hope they improve before London 2012. If not, maybe they'll make up some more **** to criticize Canada for. :P

"I don't think it's really fair the way they behaved today," said the veteran German skip, never one to mince words. "They never clapped when we made a good rock. They were noisy when we had to play important shots. On their last rock? You could hear everything it was quiet like no one was there. I think it's not really fair."

-Andrea Schoepp, German team - women's curling

I think someone hasn't heard of home field advantage lol.

Wow, she lost the medal. Sadness. :(

That was shocking..... She was a heavy gold medal favorite...

One bad turn, two brushes with the wall and a fight for silver and a lot of training is all out the window.

But Jeff Montgomery is coming up in the men's skeleton firmly in second and only 0.18 off of gold...

Let's make it up!

That was shocking..... She was a heavy gold medal favorite...

One bad turn, two brushes with the wall and a fight for silver and a lot of training is all out the window.

But Jeff Montgomery is coming up in the men's skeleton firmly in second and only 0.18 off of gold...

Let's make it up!

Yeah! I'm waiting for it!!

On a lighter note, I've started researching beginners curling classes in Kingston and Ottawa.... I want to give it a try lol....

LOL, that's funny because I started reading about curling's rules/strategy and looked up some clubs in southern Ontario hahaha.

LOL, that's funny because I started reading about curling's rules/strategy and looked up some clubs in southern Ontario hahaha.

Haha I learned the rules in Nagano.... and have been picking up strategy every 4 years... I tried it in high school once, got to throw two rocks and drew one right to the button..... and put one flying out the back of the sheet lol.

The hardest part to curling is sliding to throw the rock.... they have special shoes, but when we tried in high school, they just put tape on the bottom of one of our shoes.

lol it takes a lot of balance.

What a disastrous day for Canadian medal hopefuls.

I can't believe the Hamelin's didn't pull one out there.

After one good run, the Canada 1 bobsled flips over.... and Morrison, by his standards, skates a very poor 1500m long track.

And as I type, we're a sitting a pt behind Great Britain in men's curling..... Maybe Canada can pull this one out.

Archived