Premed 101 Forums

So about that email....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I appreciate the effort of the second email. She could have just ignored them until Monday.

I just wish someone would have thought to triple check that everything was working before the email had been sent...Dal just seems to always have little last minute glitches that put everyone into mass panic. The 3 day mailout debacle of last year, anyone? They could save themselves lots of insane emails/phone calls if they simply stuck with their initial plans.

That being said I think being able to check online is an amazing idea. Perhaps they just should have waited to send the email until Monday. When the registrar's office would be open to fix any potential problems. Monday was the day we were all shooting for after all.

She was trying to do us a favour. I appreciate the effort, spending her Saturday to keep us in the loop. Technical problems, that's life.

Word. I'm sure deep-down we can all appreciate the effort she made.

Come on everyone, we've already waited this long. Surely a couple more days won't kill us. Try and do something fun! (I know, easier said than done).

I think it's pretty safe to say that, as we've known for ever, we'll know March 15th, this monday. I have to say I was hung over beyond words this morning and when I read both emails back to back I just rolled my eyes. It would not be an application cycle at this school without something like that happening haha. A few years ago a bogus/accidental email was sent out to the entire group of applicants stating that decisions had been made and letters were on the way (back when they did like a random 50 at a time each month until June). They had to retract it in a big way.

Oh the drama. See you all monday.

i dunno. i still there there's good reason to believe results might come out this weekend online... thats what the email said... and historically, they've said a date and then released results a few days early via mail to get there before, or on that date.

but i could be wrong. dang.

I'm pretty certain that no one is going to be in the office today. Chill!

chill? well that is quite easy for you to say :)

this is the third major mistake that has been made with my dalhousie application. what is wrong with these people ??

You are looking in the right place. 'Decision Made' will eventually change to Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected.

Alright I am feeling pretty dumb, but since I am not a Dal student I guess it is ok not to know how to use this Dal online site. I realize that the decisions aren't posted but I would like to know where to look for when they are posted.

As far as I know there are two sites to check online

This one was for making sure our application and stuff went through.

https://dalonline.dal.ca/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon From what I understand we don't really need this website anymore? It says "Decision Made" which refers to the interview. This isn't the place that changes to Accept/Waitlisted/Rejected is it?

This one is used once you have the B00 number https://dalonline.dal.ca/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin. It was the first time logging in for me today which caused a lot of problems as I didn't read the fine print where it said first time users with a B00 number need to set up a password, from the first email it seemed like we just used our B00 number and password for the other website above. Anyway this site looks really unfamiliar and I was just wondering if someone could help me figure it out for Monday. When the decisions are actually out are we supposed to go to "Web for Students" then "Admissions" and then we should see a decision there? When I press "complete or review application" it just takes me to what I normally see when I log into the site above.

I just don't want to be freaking out come Monday when I don't know where I should be looking, haha

Thanks for the help!

I know it's hard but everyone needs to relax. I hadn't heard about the online system displaying your results until now, but I think it's a great step forward. I do apologize that it isn't working. Unfortunately, the system is run by the registrar's office on main campus so even if Sharon Graham was in the office today (which I know she is not) she wouldn't be able to fix the problem. I hope they fix it soon, but there's a strong possibility that you might not hear until Monday.

As for emails getting to the correct candidates I'm not sure what's going on with some people getting emails and others not, but if you think you should have and you didn't I would check your junkmail or other accounts. Especially if you have a dal email account that you didn't list as the email address to contact you with. I know previously the system was defaulting to dal email addresses if you had one and they were trying to fix that but it's worth a check anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

From the email:

"... on a waitlist, which is set by province."

is this referring to simply IP vs. OOP, or does this mean that they have a quota for each province (further breaking down the oop pool)??

Does anyone know more about this??

Archived