Premed 101 Forums

So about that email....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if accepting and paying the deposit in dal, effectively removes you from a potential offer of admission at other schools?

i want to make sure that if i get offered, and pay the deposit, other school's won't take me off their lists.

You've got nothing to worry about. There is no communications between med schools on this kind of thing.

Maybe we crashed it. The system probably wasn't designed to handle several hundred med school hopefuls madly clicking the refresh button ;)

More than likely it's just scheduled maintenance. It would be a very strange time of day for the results to come out. To answer your question, though, yes. It's also like that for me.

It's possible you only got the second email if you emailed her... but I can't be sure.

I wonder if this thing will open at midnight. Or if they'll need to go in and reset the system in morning. Maybe I'll find out first from letter afterall.

I got the second email but never contacted her...it remains a mystery...

Here is the second email:

Hi again everyone:

I am trying to respond to everyone but unfortunately i am not able to. the funtionality

that was explained to you to log on to see the decision on your file is something

facilitated through the registrars office. I understood that it was ready as of yesterday

when i left the office and so i waited to send the email today. Our office is not

opened...please do not call the office and leave a message as we will not be able to

return your calls.

I have emailed the registrars office today to urgently ask them to check on the system. It

should be ready by monday so please be patient. I realize you are all very anxious to get

your decision but you will be able to view this very shortly. I apologize for this delay

but unfortunatley it is out of my control.

I would appreciate two things from you :

Please do not continue to email me...i am unable to respond to any further emails this

weekend. As of this morning within the past 15 minutes i have received over 100 emails. As

well the email that was sent out was for information. Further emails about your file

should be directed to the medicine.admissions@dal.ca address.

If you have locked yourself out of your account it is only the registrars office that can

reset that informaiton for you. It is not our office that does that.

As well please do not call the office. it is Saturday and we are not open. Next week we

will be extremely short staffed due to the fact that is our march break for our medical

students and some of our staff. We will do our best to keep you posted by email but will

be unable to answer all of your calls and inquiries by phone.

thank you for your patience. I expect the decisions to be showing for sure on MOnday

morning but if that is any different i will for sure let you know.

have a nice weekend.

Sharon

I got the second email and I didn't ever write to her. It's weird that some people got it and others didn't.. :/

I wouldn't read into it too much. It seems like there may be some issues with their mailing lists... which would explain why those who were rejected pre-interview got updates about where the notification process was at, and it may also explain some of the conundrums that happened for ppl recieving interview invites to both the early and late interviews. Again, I wouldn't read into it too much. A definite answer to our statuses will be here sooner, rather than later.

hhaha true, w8 :)

honestly.. i felt pretty bad after my dal interview so i'm not expecting much. i felt awesome last year and ended up waitlisted so... yeah. every time i think about opening the website i feel kind of sick with anxiety... the same exact feeling as when you are about to get a test back that you think you did poorly on! haha

It's like the night before Christmas. Just under 12 hours to go!!!

Haha, I definitely said earlier tonight that it's like christmas. Except this is an all or nothing christmas that determines your life.

(Yes, I understand reapplication is a definite possibility, but just saying. I will keep trying if I don't get in but it's gonna have implications.)

Also, perhaps they set it so that it unlocks at midnight. I highly doubt it, but I'm sure it won't hurt to refresh.

I've tried so hard not to psych myself up considering the 1 in 9 + wl odds.., but now I can't sleep! Hope all you get the news you deserve come morning!

I hear you on the not being able to sleep part. I was lying in bed, tossing and turning, and eventually I realized that I was hungry. Anyways, there's a pot of KD on right now, and I just started a movie (The Insider with Russel Crowe). We'll see where things go.

Archived