Premed 101 Forums

So about that email....

Btp- The waitlists (at least in past years) are: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Out of Province.

Discus- You don't need your B00 number. I am able to still log in using the username and password I used to set up my application. Both seem to get you to the same place..

Hope that helps/works for you!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Btp- The waitlists (at least in past years) are: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Out of Province.

Discus- You don't need your B00 number. I am able to still log in using the username and password I used to set up my application. Both seem to get you to the same place..

Hope that helps/works for you!

thanks for the quick response!

Random curiosity:

For campus, are there any New Brunswicker's here that have "Saint John" displayed by any chance? Mine just says "Dalhousie".

Yeah, maybe I have too much time on my hands to speculate, but I figure I might as well. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I will not be hearing anything until Monday. Which, yes, is what I believed in the first place, and the emails this morning were well intentioned, but also heartwrenching.

Guest ben1000
Random curiosity:

For campus, are there any New Brunswicker's here that have "Saint John" displayed by any chance? Mine just says "Dalhousie".

Yeah, maybe I have too much time on my hands to speculate, but I figure I might as well. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I will not be hearing anything until Monday. Which, yes, is what I believed in the first place, and the emails this morning were well intentioned, but also heartwrenching.

Hey,

I'm from NB and it also says Dalhousie.

Guest ben1000

It's too bad that they only figured out this morning that the online account weren't up to date. If they'd sent the email yesterday at least someone would've been in the office.

That being said I know that we were only suposed to find out on monday so this would of been a much appreciated bonus.

First of all...I just want to re-iterate that you guys all need to chill a little. I know it's frustrating but calling/emailing the admissions office on a Saturday is not going to get you anywhere any quicker. University offices are closed on the weekends. I know Sharon was nice and checked her email from home and may have responded to some of you but harassing her on the weekend, once she is aware of the problem isn't going to fix it. Like I said before, the system is run by the main campus (registrar's office) so I'm sure those folks won't be working on the weekend either.

Secondly... as for hopeforthebest's comment... I have a CS degree and I'd love to see the whole application system scrapped and see them get a dedicated system for med, something a lot more suited to their needs, but money doesn't grow on trees. :D

First of all...I just want to re-iterate that you guys all need to chill a little. I know it's frustrating but calling/emailing the admissions office on a Saturday is not going to get you anywhere any quicker. University offices are closed on the weekends. I know Sharon was nice and checked her email from home and may have responded to some of you but harassing her on the weekend, once she is aware of the problem isn't going to fix it. Like I said before, the system is run by the main campus (registrar's office) so I'm sure those folks won't be working on the weekend either.

This is all fine and nice to say...but why do they expected that THEY can email us on a saturday morning saying decisions are out and then not expect phone/calls and emails on that same day when people sign in and do not see what they should expect to. they should not have sent it out on the weekend in the first place if they were not prepared to respond.

This is all fine and nice to say...but why do they expected that THEY can email us on a saturday morning saying decisions are out and then not expect phone/calls and emails on that same day when people sign in and do not see what they should expect to. they should not have sent it out on the weekend in the first place if they were not prepared to respond.

I agree. I totally understand that things screw up, and I don't personally blame anyone, but being told to just "chill" is difficult when you've literally been waiting for this moment for years. Then you have it dangled in front of you and taken away. I'm a big kid, and I can deal with more wait, but I won't lie and say it isn't frustrating.

Secondly... as for hopeforthebest's comment... I have a CS degree and I'd love to see the whole application system scrapped and see them get a dedicated system for med, something a lot more suited to their needs, but money doesn't grow on trees. :D

I agree - the anxiety is a bit over the top. I have applied to Dal four times - I know it's a long wait for the decisions, but.....

How quickly the world owes you something you just found out existed nine hours ago (i.e. the online notification). Monday will arrive soon enough.

I just want to remind everyone of one thing...we are all potential med students. Physicians are faced with tough and frustrating situations on a daily basis which are out of their control at times and they must deal with them in a professional manner. Also working within a healthcare team requires one to deal with others' mistakes professionally and in an understanding manner.

I am sure that at one time or another in all of our lives we have made a mistake (or tons of them) and we appreciated the patience and respect that we were shown. Reciprocating these actions would be a mature gesture. This was an honest mistake made as Sharon was trying to get us the news early. No amount of whining or bashing is going to change anything.

I think we should be the kind and compassionate hopeful applicants that we portrayed ourselves to be in our applications and interviews and cut the admissions committee some slack.

Just my 2 cents. I agree it is tough waiting though.

Oh come on. If you've been waiting for "years", you can manage to wait TWO DAYS more.

Oh come on. I've stated I can wait. I was simply frustrated by the possibility being placed before me and then taken away. And it's not years in quotation marks, it actually is years. I'm not mad at Sharon, she seems lovely, and I certainly haven't "harassed" her. But if I didn't want this more than anything I would not be here. Clearly emotions are high and I apologize for caring too much.

While I appreciate the facts (and no one is disputing them)- it was well intentioned, mistakes happen, Sharon Graham went above and beyond sending a second email and attempting to respond to 100 emails, etc.... this is an anonymous forum where people are allowed to ask for advice, vent, commiserate and they shouldn't be made to feel like an a**hole for doing so. I'm sure the current students have a hard time remembering just how stressful this whole situation can be (god knows I hope to wash my hands of these emotions asap). Everyone deals with stress in their own way, some need to let out their frustration with others who can relate, having a politically correct reaction to this isn't going to change the outcome at this point.

If you wanna scream- let it out!! If you can't scream at them, you should at least be able to do it anonymously on the internet :)

Just so everyone knows I DO remember exactly what it was like to wait. I wasn't accepted until my 3rd attempt so I was waiting right along with everyone else for years. I have no problem with people coming on the forum to vent. I'm not writing anything to make people feel badly or anything else. My intentions are not to be mean, on the contrary I've been nothing but supportive throughout this admissions process and I've tried to give as much information and support as I could. I think my posts in general reflect this. My advice to "chill" is for all of you because stressing out about this stuff takes a toll.

Also, there's difference between just venting frustrations on a forum and obsessively calling/emailing the admissions staff. I understand the comments regarding Sharon sending out an email on a Saturday for a feature that isn't working and that you feel justified in trying to contact her over and over again, however you should respect the fact that she thought that she was being helpful to you by letting you know your status as early as possible, she obviously wasn't aware of the problem until after the fact and it's not like she can take back the email.

Please don't misunderstand my comments on this forum. I'm not lashing out at anyone so please don't lash out at me.

I really do wish you guys all the best and I feel for you, I know it's tough and I hope you have any easy wait.

When they said, they were just mailed, I was thinking the end of the next week. Am just happy now that we can check online Monday...approx 36 hours left.

Despite the error in her email, it was very kind of her to send it on her day off..and reply to us. It was well intended and she did do a good deed.

Doc2B, you are very informative and positive, thank you.

Archived