Premed 101 Forums

"Written Notification To Follow"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, NB resident accepted here, if it makes any of the waitlisters for NB feel any better, I imagine the waitlist will move a ton. I don't know anyone whose first choice is Dal if you're from NB. I'll be more than happy to go there though :)

I'm sure the waitlist will certainly move, however, it might be a bit of wait as it probably won't move much until May 13th. To all those waitlisted and rejected, don't give up hope! Keep trying! It's such a game and a process and I wish you all the best.

I second/third/fourth all of the "don't give up" posts.

Being accepted this year felt so much sweeter after being rejected two years in a row.

I remember vividly how it felt and spent a week last year debating whether I wanted to put myself through it again.... I'm REALLY glad I did. Its a new game every year. If you're looking for evidence, some hope, etc.... for the past two years I only received interviews in province- this year, very unexpectedly, I've had interviews at Dal, MAC, and I have one at UofT in April.

I'm proof, as well as all the other 3rd/4th (wooo annapolis- I've been silently rooting for you all weekend!) timers, that perseverance pays off.

I'm not really bummed out that I got rejected/WLed by Dal specifically. The frustrating thing is I cant help but think that it speaks to my interviewing abilities... which makes me lose hope on all the other interviews I have this year. I know this probably isnt true... but it still sucks.

I'm not really bummed out that I got rejected/WLed by Dal specifically. The frustrating thing is I cant help but think that it speaks to my interviewing abilities... which makes me lose hope on all the other interviews I have this year. I know this probably isnt true... but it still sucks.

timebomb... stay strong.... they interview ~80 oops for 9 spots initial offers

The OOP's are a more competitive pool arguably too.

So if you didn't interview in the top 10% of uber-competitive applicants..... that doesn't say anything about your chance else where.

At most Ontario schools, you're looking to be about top 33-50%, depending on the school, to get an offer by the time the summer is over.

You're still looking good.

I know you are all trying to start off your new medical school careers on track by being supportive and what not. But to be fair to all of us who haven't heard anything yet or who have been rejected, all of this 'dont give up' stuff is making us feel 100000000x worse. I am glad all of you who have been accepted have gotten in--you DEFINITELY deserved it! So congratulations to you! But I dont think that it is all that necessary to try and make us feel better. We were all in the same boat as of yesterday. We all knew what we were getting ourselves in for. We all know that medical school is competitive. We get it and we don't really need a pat on the back. But thanks for trying to be supportive and motivating!

I will voice what everyone else is thinking..... THIS SUCKS! haha!

I havent heard back yet but the suspense is KILLING ME !

Good luck to everyone who hasnt heard yet!

So if you didn't interview in the top 10% of uber-competitive applicants..... that doesn't say anything about your chance else where.

At most Ontario school, you looking to be about top 33-50%.

I definitely second this. OOP is tough. And how your interview is perceived depends on so many factors that it is nearly impossible to figure it out.

I wasn't going to post my result, but in light of this comment, I'll mention that I'm OOP and have that dumb "Written blah blah to follow" as my status too so you're not alone!

I completely agree with you in that it sort of makes you question your interview skills, but remember that Dal factors in a bunch of things into your score including these elusive bonus points!

At most Ontario schools, you're looking to be about top 33-50%, depending on the school, to get an offer by the time the summer is over.

lol never thought Id be on the receiving end of one of these posts, but now that I am, I definitely appreciate it :) Youre probably right that the OOP pool is very competitive. Hopefully I at least made the WL... that would boost my confidence!

I know you are all trying to start off your new medical school careers on track by being supportive and what not. But to be fair to all of us who haven't heard anything yet or who have been rejected, all of this 'dont give up' stuff is making us feel 100000000x worse. I am glad all of you who have been accepted have gotten in--you DEFINITELY deserved it! So congratulations to you! But I dont think that it is all that necessary to try and make us feel better. We were all in the same boat as of yesterday. We all knew what we were getting ourselves in for. We all know that medical school is competitive. We get it and we don't really need a pat on the back. But thanks for trying to be supportive and motivating!

I will voice what everyone else is thinking..... THIS SUCKS! haha!

I havent heard back yet but the suspense is KILLING ME !

Good luck to everyone who hasnt heard yet!

I disagree - I appreciate the condolences... Keep in mind, these people do actually know what you're going through! They have been rejected before as well. And who knows - maybe you are high on the WL - its a definite possibility.

Nah....I think i will expect the worst and hope for the best! However, because the Dal Online isnt working properly, I dont think I will hear back for a long time since I am in England studying and no one is around the check the mailbox! To think my letter is just sitting there waiting to be opened!

Dont get me wrong I can definitely appreciate that everyone is trying to be supportive and compassionate, but come on!!! Everyone is really thinking "Man, this sucks!" Dont lie, you know its true! haha

That's really nice of you; I'm OOP too. It definitely feels like crap to be rejected, especially given that there are another couple of months until any more news. Hopefully the odds will work for us in the other provinces.

I got the same thing! I don't know what to think!

OMG this is horrible!!

First, we had hope that we would get results on Saturday. False alarm. Then, we got an ambiguous message that threw us all for a loop. We have finally just accepted the fact that we did not get accepted, hoping to be wait-listed, and there is all of a sudden hope of acceptance??? Is this some kind of sick experiment to see how many ways one can mess with a pre-med student's heart and mind?!!

And I am far away, out of province, and won't get my letter for a while.

aaaaah the insanity!

Archived