Premed 101 Forums

class size :(

generic answer...

UC is more upfront, albeit a bit. I finally caved and called today to see what was up - they admitted class sizes could very well change and that it is all in the government's hands. They also said they still intend to send offers out on the 14th. That's all i got.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UC is more upfront, albeit a bit. I finally caved and called today to see what was up - they admitted class sizes could very well change and that it is all in the government's hands. They also said they still intend to send offers out on the 14th. That's all i got.

Thanks for calling and letting us know. I have to say that I am pretty flabbergasted at just how late in the game they are letting this play out. You never really think that such grand-scale institutions would govern themselves like this.....most definitely disheartening.

Thanks for calling and letting us know. I have to say that I am pretty flabbergasted at just how late in the game they are letting this play out. You never really think that such grand-scale institutions would govern themselves like this.....most definitely disheartening.

yeah. i know this whole med school thing has a bit of a lottery aspect to it, but man, throw in seat additions/reductions at a 30% clip and it becomes pretty ridiculous. It's obvious the blame game has already begun as well. Either way, it's now out of our hands unfortunately. Just gotto keep waiting

gluck

yeah. i know this whole med school thing has a bit of a lottery aspect to it, but man, throw in seat additions/reductions at a 30% clip and it becomes pretty ridiculous. It's obvious the blame game has already begun as well. Either way, it's now out of our hands unfortunately. Just gotto keep waiting

gluck

Well I don't know if that's entirely true. I think writing letters, organizing protests would help. I know its late in the game but putting enough pressure on the government is better than doing nothing at all

Well I don't know if that's entirely true. I think writing letters, organizing protests would help. I know its late in the game but putting enough pressure on the government is better than doing nothing at all

Yeah all that stuff helps for sure. I think with less than two weeks to go, it won't make as much of an impact now - unless of course, this drags on post-May 14th. In that case, hell yeah. I'd also throw in putting pressure on the unis too but that's harder to do considering we're trying to get into them and all....

• 2 weeks later...
Totally unreliable heresay but my friend at UofC said she heard that UofA wasn't cutting anymore?! Although she did know about the cuts emails first too before this whole mess... Anyone else heard this?

I did hear something positive last week as well from someone inside UA. Of course they did not say "we are not cutting seats 100%" but it was more along the lines of "we are operating under the assumption that the same number of offers will go out as last year". All i can say about that. Was nice to see a positive sign but nothings written in stone yet I think.

Totally unreliable heresay but my friend at UofC said she heard that UofA wasn't cutting anymore?! Although she did know about the cuts emails first too before this whole mess... Anyone else heard this?

Nobody knows what's happening on May 14th except for the universities. I figure U of A must know how many acceptances they are handing out on Friday because don't they also mail you a letter? These letters must already be made and will be licked and ready to go out thursday or friday?

Nobody knows what's happening on May 14th except for the universities. I figure U of A must know how many acceptances they are handing out on Friday because don't they also mail you a letter? These letters must already be made and will be licked and ready to go out thursday or friday?

LOL let's hope they do!!

Archived