Premed 101 Forums

waitlist movement??!!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what kind of emails. I have selective hearing.

Had I known that the phone call would produce such effects, I don't think I would have called (or posted). Forgive me guys. I'll call back and tell Queen's adcom that I will go on hunger strike unless they accept all us waitlisters.

I'll try to make things right.

So.... World Cup of Football (soccer) starts tomorrow!

I have a feeling that the rest of the movement will be from out of province people who haven't told Queens what they're doing yet. They may have given a firm acceptance just to secure the spot even though they've gotten in outside Ontario. I think a few spots will open randomly throughout the summer. But, again, I have no evidence nor basis for that.

I just got an e-mail from Queen's titled "Admissions Committee Decision", so naturally I was like #*$&@(*#$&*(@#$*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....it was just an e-mail confirming my acceptance to the Master's program...which I already knew I was accepted to due to the e-mail they sent me LAST week causing this same reaction

Are they trying to kill me???!!!

Alright, I'm not going to check pm101 nor my email I provided to OMSAS (and my work) for a week. Hopefully this will be as good as a hunger strike. I'm not going to let this emotional roller coaster ruin World cup, basketball finals, and maybe a little fishing in Kingston.

See you all on the other side.

I just got an e-mail from Queen's titled "Admissions Committee Decision", so naturally I was like #*$&@(*#$&*(@#$*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....it was just an e-mail confirming my acceptance to the Master's program...which I already knew I was accepted to due to the e-mail they sent me LAST week causing this same reaction

Are they trying to kill me???!!!

Man, that's harsh.

Alright, I'm not going to check pm101 nor my email I provided to OMSAS (and my work) for a week. Hopefully this will be as good as a hunger strike. I'm not going to let this emotional roller coaster ruin World cup, basketball finals, and maybe a little fishing in Kingston.

See you all on the other side.

I wouldn't wait *that* long. You'd probably want to be on the ball just in case an offer does come your way. :)

Man, can she hurry up and send this e-mail lol...I need closure!

Watch you make it to the short list at Queen's as well! God, that would be torture! I wish for your sake that you DO get closure (if this is what you prefer!). I was glad that I got closure from U of T.

Everyone has a shortlist. It's a backup list in class someone drops from the class during the summer, after the class has been filled.

Maybe Queen's will just do what NOSM did though. They'll tell us the class is full, but they'll keep the waitlist open. I think Toronto's the only one that sent out MORE rejections...

Archived