Premed 101 Forums

waitlist movement??!!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
she probably wants ppl to enjoy the sunny weekend before hitting them with the bad news!lol

well I just submitted my US app. so if things turns out other than expected and I miraculously get a waitlist offer from Queens I would have just dumped about $1k down the drain. :P

lol well think of the money you'd save when you think of the tuition in the US

What US schools did you apply to? Right now my list includes Dartmouth, Columbia, Boston, and George Washington. I'll be adding more to the list and probably applying tomorrow. I'm trying to find US schools that will look at my graduate work and so far only GW will. BAH!

Maybe Queen's will just do what NOSM did though. They'll tell us the class is full, but they'll keep the waitlist open. I think Toronto's the only one that sent out MORE rejections...

That sucks, actually! At least I know where I stand with Toronto. :S

hopefully a 1 year program @ Guelph

The nutrition one?? Lol last summer, I was working with the nutrition master's students...ALL of them are pre-meds...

Hopefully starting an MSc, which means I will have to wait and not apply this cycle coming up which kind of sucks...

Aw...which MSc will you be doing???

Wow, it seems like the vast majoirty of you guys are doing a MSc.

I'm gonna look for a job.

What do you think what kind of job I can find with a human biology BSc?

I can think of lab technician but can't think of any other alternatives.

It seems like a lot of healthcare jobs require a certain certificate.

The nutrition one?? ?

I applied to the Bioinformatics program...its like comp sci mixed with Bio ...should be interesting....fingers crossed for that now! but, 4 interviews for meds and no acceptances..my luck doesnt seem to be super :(

So I've been on same boat as some of you, being on the waitlist for so so long.

...so I have moved to Kingston thinking that the waitlist would move in my favour. So with the "class is full" from Queen's, I was wondering if someone could direct toward a website where I could find openings for biomedical/life science labs at Queen's.

Thanks in advance and best of luck for future applications.

Archived